Frizzy Hair! Girls Please Help Me!!!

I've had uber frizzy hair for ages and hate it. Does anyone know of anything that helps tame frizz that they know works (shampoos, systems, etc.)?

• Do people prefer straight, shiny manageable hair or
  • Thick, bushy hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Look around for monoi oil. I know you can get it over here from The Body Shop but I don't know what you have over in the US. Have a look on the internet and you should find some. You can rub a little bit into your ends (a REALLY little bit, otherwise it'll look greasy) like it'll probably tell you to, or you can do what I do: pick a day when you're not going anywhere so nobody will see if you look like crap. Gently massage the oil from root to tip in little sections of your hair until you've got your whole head covered. It'll look really greasy, yeah, but this is why you've picked a quiet Sunday! Leave it in your hair (you might wanna tie it in a bun or wear an old headscarf or something) either all day or overnight. If you do decide to sleep on it, put a towel over your pillow or an old jumper or something. I have one specifically for oil treatments. Then you wash your hair as many times as you need to - usually takes me 3 or 4 - to get all the oil out. You usually won't need to condition! After that, your hair will be pretty darn amazing, I guarantee it. One a month will keep it in top condition.

2. DO NOT BRUSH. Seriously, throw it away! Get yourself a wide-toothed comb, one with no seams in the plastic or anything, and be gentle with your hair. The less aggressive you are with it, the less likely it is to break off and look frizzy. Always comb in small sections, starting with the end and gradually combing more of it at once. Try not to comb when it's wet, unless you have conditioner in, but always be extra gentle if you do. Sometimes a spray-on detangler can help, or a leave-in conditioner. One way to do it is to try to comb as quietly as you can - that sound you can hear, it's your hair breaking! Some hair ill always break and fall off, but you can minimise that by being as gentle as possible.

3. Avoid heat-treatments as much as you can. If you must (I know I do!) use a good heat protection spray or serum. Don't blow-dry - just gently towel dry (no rubbing, this will break it!) and tie it up, then when its air-dried it'll be much softer. Comb it out gently, apply some heat protection spray/serum and use the curling/straightening irons as you usually do. Just, don't tug on your hair too hard with them, and don't hold them on your hair for too long. This will minimise any damage cause.

4. Don't use uncovered elastic bands. They'll snag your hair and rub it up the wrong way.

5. Condition every time you wash your hair, and leave it in for a little while. I usually get in the shower, wash my hair, put conditioner in, gently comb it and tie it to one side, then wash everything else, then rinse out the conditioner. This way it's been in there for a little while.

6. Make sure to eat lots of protein! Sounds weird but it'll keep your hair nice and strong. And your nails, too!

7. Tie it up when you go to sleep. The less you rub it in your sleep, the less the hair shaft will get rubbed up the wrong way. Be kind to your hair and it'll be okay!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• Pantene Pro-V Restoratives frizz control shampoo and conditioner have worked wonders on my hair! It's made it softer and smoother and definitely more manageable. In addition, I use Fekkai Smoothing cream right after I dry my hair to tame it a little more before styling it. Also, if you're having major frizz trouble, don't wash your hair every single day as that will dry it out and make your frizz worse. Try every other day, and use dry shampoo or baby powder if you're worried about oil. Heat styling often can also make hair more frizzy, so if you do this, give your hair a break every few days. It'll thank you by looking gorgeous!

• i usually use a lot of hair conditioner. and I have leave in conditioner to weight it down and some serum helps especially on rainy days when my hair gets staticy

• OK, I definitely am no stranger to frizzy hair.

I have frizzy curly crazy hair.

I don't brush my hair after I take a shower because it makes it poofier and not appealing. When I wear my hair curly(naturally curly) I put in a good amount of moose, it hold my hair together so its not as frizzy. I also straighten my hair a lot and that help me, my hair is softer, shinier and feels healthier, it also helps to straighten it at the right temp, if you go to hot it will fry it. I can show you the one I bought, for only $27 something. I would also trying new shampoos and condtioner, Most of the times I use tresume and just switch from the frizz control to moister control so your hair doesn't get too used to the same one.

let me know if you need anything else.

• Hair smoothing serums are great, I really like Pantene and Garnier Fructis ones. Also, in a pinch, you can use a tiny bit of conditioner or lotion and rub it between your palms, then smooth down your hair a bit. Or a dryer sheet. I know, it sounds crazy, but that's what they're for - to eliminate static. Plus, your hair will smell like laundry!

• Try this...my hair is slightly frizzy but this really helped

link

• product: Phyto Phytodefrisant, Phyto 7, Phyto 9 (or living proof no frizz if your hair isn't dry)

conditioner: Terax Crema (my HG)

they're expensive, but you can get pretty good deals on ebay

link

link

• link try that

good luck and I'm sure you're beautiful with any type of hair :)

• Most of the "anti frizz"

Products I tried don't work...what you need to buy is a really good hair glosser what it does is it give shine to your hair when you use a little heat to it. It will not leave your hair oily,it will leave it shiney and bouncy..a little goes w long wwy

• i have been useing garnier frutis and it works fine. I have died my hair lots of times and it still is silky and frizz free.