Why is everyone hating on short hair?

Every time girls on here ask guys about hair length the answer is always past the shoulders is best. Always thought mine looked better slightly above the shoulder though, pics in my profile, agreed? I think I work the shorter hair quite well

...unless I'm sadly mistaken and should stop getting haircuts for a while haha

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure which hair questions I've missed on this site, but every single one that I get around to answering winds up with me reiterating my huge preference for shorter hair on girls. I think that it's far better than long hair. There are some girls, of course, who can't pull it off and need longer hair to look good, but judging by your pictures you are not one of those girls since your hairstyle looks absolutely great on you. Trust your instinct with this one.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, passed the shoulders is better but down to the waist is best. This only works, though, for straight hair. As Patti Stanger said, guys like hair they can run their fingers through. You look alright with that short hair, but would look striking with elbow length hair.

• no I wouldn't, my hair use to be to the bottom of my boobs and it just looked flat and didn't suit my face shape at all

• I think your hair looks fine, I would not classify your hair as short by any means though. I don't know too many guys that truly 'hate' shorter hair on women, most just are of the opinion longer hair is more feminine and attractive on a whole, which isn't to say shorter hair can't be attractive as well.

• Well thanks, its normally shorter than it is in a few of those pics but I I'm lazy with haircuts. My profile pic and second pic are most accurate I guess

• You're welcome dear. The icon picture was the one I used for reference. Another thing to consider is, at least for me, if I first see a woman with shorter hair, I won't think as much of it as if I were to see her with longer hair first then she cuts it. It will suit her simply because that's what you're used to for some people. I wouldn't worry too much about it, most have their preferences, but I've never known hair length to be a complete deal breaker, although to some it may be.

• Being a guy with longer hair(growing it out currently for locks of love) I feel your pain, many women prefer short hair on men=P

• you hear guys (mostly geeks) here hating on short hairs, but outside things are different. In fact for an average height girl it's not really nice to have long hairs, when short haircuts can make her look hotter, I don't know of a girl that short hair wouldn't make her look cool and wonderful, and it's a trend that never dies. And yeah, it doesn't affect your femininity the least bit, it only adds style and modernity to it.

In fact, long hairs are related to cavemen, alongside with long nails, it only says that a girl is obsessed with showing off and doesn't live up to the moment, and is too feminine and not as bold and strong as a short haired chick, which some guys of course doesn't like, that's why they hate on it.

• Strongly agree with the modernity and boldness of short hair styles on women. Strongly disagree that girls with longer hair are reminiscent of cavemen.

• I've seen long haired chicks from the first day, but honestly until this moment I still dislike it and think that it doesn't belong to this century, and some long haircuts would even ruin some modern outfits.

• It's quite simple. On average I prefer long hair. It will in fact turn my head before short hair does. I don't hate on short hair it's just my opinion.

To me the best style is in fact styled hair (pony tails and all that jazz) so short kinda removes that option.

I don't dislike short hair I just find that a lot of girls can't pull it off. It's something you have to have for a long time to make it seem natural. There you go.

• Those guys are full of sh*t. They want women to conform to some degrading stereotype. The see long hair as "feminine" another words they see it as the mark of a women who submits to male authority. Short hair has long been a symbol of a woman who doesn't play along whit that. When you hear a guy whining his ass off about short hair chances are he's a sexist bigot.

I love short hair, I have a fetish for it because it does make women look more empowered and in control of them selves. Short hair will always turn my head.

• i have to say he's correct about longer being more feminine but in my opinion I just think women with hair like yours or maybe even shorter sometimes is freaking sexy

• I think it looks fine on you. Good look I think :)

• It depends on the length and the person really. I think you look adorable though. :)

• Short is sexy for me !

• How does somebody "Hate on short hair" ? How do you do that ? I need a course in contemporary street slang for 12 year olds.

• You also need manners and a course in how not to be rude :)

What Girls Said 6

• don't worry about what other people say. I used to have like boy length hair. yep. believe it or not. right now I have long hair and I like it but I think girls who can pull short hair off are really pretty. :)

• I've always loved long hair since I can remember! Then I overfried my hair straightening it in high school, so I had to cut it short. I kept it short for about 3 years, and then eventually started growing out long. Ever since then, anyone who has ever known me when it was short (above the shoulders), has insisted I looked MUCH better with short hair. So I think it's not so much people hating on short hair itself, it's just that some people supposedly look better one way or the other.

But I think I know what you mean, the majority of answers I've seen on hair have specified below the shoulders and straight. I have somewhat curly hair so :(((((((((

• As a response to your question also, the picture where you're leaning on your arm, the length suits you well. I don't know if that's the length you were referring to.

• NO ONE IS HATING ON YOUR SHORT HAIR. Just wear your hair with confidence and carry yourself with dignity and confidence. Femininity has nothing to do with hair length. It has to do with you CHOOSE to express yourself as a women and how you style your hair. Long hair can be masculine as far as I'm concerned...it can make the most feminine women look like a heavy metal dude if it is styled and cut a certain way. It's the 21st century...short hair isn't a symbol of anything anymore. It's a fashion choice. People are talking on here like it's the 70s...if you act like you are in the 70s then you will get a 70s era reaction of "wow she must be a bra burner". Now it just isn't an issue. I've had short hair for freakin' 11 years, and I've been having a ball! So many styles, so little time! Be fierce, girl! Guys will be at your knees.

• People just have different opinions.

• long hair is sexxy (:

• long hair just looks sexier. short hair can be cute too but

long > short

your hair isn't really short though, its more medium because you have some length