So I'm going to dinner at the Peabody Hotel. I usually don't dress up, but my boyfriend is wearing a 3 piece suit!

what should I wear I know a dress but what color is red too flashy. what length I don't like long dresses much but is that what the occasion calls for and heels I don't like because I'm 6 ft but its a must ...HELP!

Most Helpful Guy

• Classy shoes that resemble a classy appeal, without having the "heels" involved. Red is perfectly fine, and infact it's quite attractive by my preference... At 6' tall I would assume that you would be wanting at least mid-thigh length, but I actually think the longer dresses look AMAZING on tall women.

And for the last tid-bit. Do your makeup in a flattering way, and leave purses/etc behind. You don't want to have to carry your luggage around. Just leave it at home and tell him- "I will be leaving my purse at the house, is there anything I should bring?"

~ ArtistBBoy

• Gotta tell ya I did not expect a guy to answer me first if at all but I dig your advice thanks :)

• Ha, I can't blame you at all. I probably sound gay in my response at separate parts. Regardless, your welcome and thank you for the feedback.

• Great advice!

What Guys Said 1

• Actually, red is an exceptionally good choice, and ArtistBoy is again right on the money as far as length goes. Tall women can look especially elegent (regal, even) in evening dresses.. Rather than carry no purse at all, you might consider opting for a clutch bag if you have one suitable. Oh, and don't trip over the ducks! Have a ball!

• Clutch Bag = Clutch response! I love that idea and I'll remember it for the future. I've never been a fan of bags/scarfs/cameras/etc... They always get in the way when trying to enjoy the night, in my opinion. Thanks for the compliment by the way.

• I agree about luggin a bunch of needless accessories around to get in the way. But, to me, a clutch bag is very manageable, and gives a woman something to do with one of her hands that also compliments her look. But then again, a lot of people would have to die, before they made me a fashion consultant!

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with the guys, a long gown on a tall woman, that's just sexiness!

i would consider a sexy clutch, nothing too flashy tho, stick with something made out of leather and few diamonds or stones on it.

if you can pull a hair updo that will just look sexy

idk if you would like this or not, since your tall I'm sure you have freakin amazing legs and a back, so if you can find a dress that's tall but can show some legs, omg I'm sure ur guy would b drolling over that, and open back always does a great job catching the eyes but leaving a lot to the imagination.

make sure you wear the right accessory like a nice pair of earrings and a cute bracelet .

red is sexy but if you feel its gonna b too flashy go with some sophisticated colors like champagne color it will look amazing on ur skin tone

i hope that would help.

• I would wear a sort dress that 's above the need. If you don't want to wear heels you can wear some cute flats-like baby doll shoes if it goes with the type of dress that ur gonna wear or you can do some kitten heels. Red is ok but as long as you where whatever color compliments you, you will look good. Sounds exciting but I'm sure whateva ur gonna wear ur boyfriend is going to like and compliment u.

• can't go wrong with classic little back dress. nothing too long or too short.

these are adorable I think

link

link

link

link

also this dress is gorgeous

link