How to look professional?

Going to be working at a highschool for a while and I need to dress appropriate

Most Helpful Guy

• When you aren't sure, business casual style and carry some accessories to upgrade to a somewhat formal style.

Most Helpful Girl

• For work I recommend wearing a blazer along with a buttoned shirt. If you want to feel more comfortable you could pair it with a nice turtle neck. I would pair a turtle neck with a trench vest because it looks so good. Other good options are a trench coat, knit sweater shirt (preferably without drawings on it), those tie front coats that are trend today. Like the one on the picture below. These tops are good alternative to a parka during colder seasons. A good alternative to a t shirt during warmer seasons would be a buttoned up shirt.

scontent-mrs1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...22642199_n.jpg

For bottoms skinny pants are a great choice. You are young so skinny pants will suit you best better than any other kind of pants, while still looking professional, on top of that they're practical. They shouldn't be jeans, though.
    As for shoes you would want something professional yet comfortable. Sneakers look too casual, heels can be uncomfortable. Flats, oxfords, and mini boots is what I would wear. In my opinion mini boots are the best, they're most comfortable and look the most professional.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• in a teaching context, your clothing options aren't that limited. as long as you don't look provocative, out of place and unprofessional you will be fine.

jeans and a t-shirt are fine.
    leggings with a long top and boots are fine.
    a fitted jacket and knee length skirt is fine.
    knee length summer dresses are fine
    suit pants and blazers are fine

i mean i could go on but u get it. just be smart about it.

• In general you can wear a nice skirt and blazer. At a school just wear what your teachers would wear.

• Just wear long enough skirts and pants high enough necklines and nothing tight and you'll be good.

• A nice blouse and maybe a blazer.
    I like they "pixie pants" from j crew. Very professional but cute. Look fitted like leggings but they are made of slacks material. You can make them work with most outfits.

• Slingbacks with a pencil skirt or dress pants
    Boots with a pencil skirt or dress pants