How can a curvy girl dress nicely?

I'm dramatically proportioned and find it difficult to find clothes that aren't revealing and don't look frumpy. Looser clothes often make me look fat at a glance, and some things that look fine on slighter girls or girls who only have one main asset look vulgar on me because I have both to a fair degree. Most things are too big in the waist or too tight in other places. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If it helps, I'm a size 2-6, and I'm 5'4 with a short torso. I'm really just looking for general advice, but, if you would like to be more specific, that would also be helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Most Helpful Guy

• Show off your assets. Guys like curves.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure what you are describing yourself as because its kind of all vague sounding to me. Are you saying you are petite with a large bust, and large hips, and short waisted?

• I'm a little below average height and short-waisted/long-legged and have larger bust and hips and a small waist. Sorry. I should learn to be clearer when describing things like that. It just embarrasses me.

• Thank you. That's so helpful and sweet.

• You're welcome, and thanks for MHG

What Guys Said 2

• How about shorts? I love girls legs!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 7

• I'm the same and i just use clothing to enhance features or create illusions. you can't do much more. so say something is too big at the waist. cinch it in with a wide belt that will show off that snatched waist. it'll also make ur boobs look bigger and ur hips wider than they already are :P

with pants, nothing ever sits right at the hips for me, so i wear a regular belt with those too, which is fine for me since i like the way they look.

say u wanna draw attention to your face and neck. wear a necklace that follows the neckline of your top and pair with matching earrings.

you wanna draw attention to ur boobielicious boobs, then wear a fitted top with a little bit of plunge or one that follows a sweetheart neckline.

u dig? =] so u just pick one feature that u wanna accentuate most and build ur outfit around that.

• She can! Just look at models!

• I wish I could. That's the problem. Most models that I see are really skinny or chubby or modeling bikinis or really skimpy clothing. Do you happen to know of any medium-sized, dramatically proportioned models or actresses who I could imitate?

• No sorry!

• Thank you anyway. I appreciate it:)

• Wear outfits with a fluid flowy fabric because that will show off your assets nicely. Dark skinny jeans are the best because they will help elongate your silhouette, same goes for a total dark look. When wearing a total dark, it's important to add a touch of color. It could be in shoes or accessories, avoid colors that are too bright though because they're overwhelming. Speaking of accessories, over sized accessories are perfect for curvy girls.

• Oh, thank you. That's so practical. I wear too many brights and pastels lol.

• Cowl neck sweater dresses with a belt, black tights and tall boots. It's a great look for curvy girls, and still classy enough to be considered formal!

• Your so lucky. I'm 18 and I look like a young boy. Flaunt it girl, Id love to be like that

• Oh, I'm sorry. I used to be jealous of slighter girls because they look so cute in their clothes and can wear just about anything, and it seems like most girls who are naturally skinny and straight can eat just about anything and wear just about anything and still look slim and girlish and cute. I still think that. I just learned not to be jealous. (Now, I envy fit girls. The grass has to be greener somewhere lol.) Still, I bet you look cute:)

• haha yes I definitely envy the fit girls too! Honestly the thing I hate about being my size is that because there are no curves to hide behind, my belly (whatever I'm eating) usually sticks out more than my boobs and bum. That's the worst feeling ever.

• I'm sorry. I could see how that could be bothersome. That look is kinda cute though, and no one really minds a little pooch when you're small over all.

• Peplum shirts? It's okay I understand I'm the same too. >_<

• A picture would really help.

• I know. Sorry. I thought about it, but I didn't want to come across as attention-seeking lol.

• I understand.