Should I go natural?

Should I go natural?
This is a picture I found of a girl with a similar hair type to mine. My natural hair looks like this. I've been thinking about transitioning to natural hair for a while, but I have little experience with natural hair. The longest I've gone without using heat on my hair was about 6 months when I kept getting different types of braids. I liked them because they didn't need heat, they lasted, and they looked nice, but constant tightness and pulling on my hair made my hair start falling out a bit around the parts. So I went back to wearing my hair down. My hair is shoulder length when it's down.

It kinda looks like that on a good day. However most of my days aren't good days. Most of the time my hair can't decide if it wants to be straight or curly so it compromises and just decides to poof and frizz up. I usually look like this.

So now I'm thinking of going natural for prom and all of senior year. I'm just afraid that my hair is going to look super short in its natural state, or I'm not gonna be able to take good care of it (I am really bad at hair), or that it will just generally look ugly on me. What do you all think?

What Guys Said 1

• Natural is always best. in my opinion

What Girls Said 2

• You should do whatever makes you feel most comfortable. In reality, your hair probably will look a little short in its natural state and that's okay because there's ways of kind of stretching it out to make it look longer. Take risks! Also, my favorite youtuber on natural hair is Naptural85 (she also has vlogs) but she's really good with natural hair.
    Also, a lot of people told me that going natural is "easy" PFFT girl. I was constantly trying to figure out ways to tame my mane. It definitely takes time to figure out what your hair likes and it takes dedication but once you get into the flow of things you'll love it

• I think it'll look really pretty :)