How to pick an undereye concealer?

My skin is oily, I'm pale and I have rather dark circles under the eyes. So, I need a concealer with good coverage, that won't crease easily. should it match my skin colour or be lighter? Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• You typically either go with lighter or with a colour correcting shade, such as lilac or red-orange. If you have an issue with creasing under eyes, try "baking"; lay access amounts of setting powder over your concealer and allow it to sit while you do the rest of your makeup. when you're done, brush it away with a fluffy powder brush.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I have struggled with undereye circles for as long as I can remember. No matter how much sleep I get, they are always there. I guess it's just genetic. Anyway, I've tried MANY different types and brands of concealer and so far, my favorite is this palette from MAC. I'm quite pale (as you can see in my profile picture) so I use the light one. www.maccosmetics.com/.../MAC-Studio-Conceal-and-Correct-Palette-Light

It's pricey but it's worth it. It has multiple colors so I can mix and blend to get the perfect shade. It also includes corrector shades to cover red patches or any other blemishes. It's a cream consistency, the coverage is good, and I haven't noticed any creasing throughout the day. It could be worth a try for you.

• Thanks for the suggestion! But should a concealer match my skin color or be lighter?

• It really depends. Typically, it should be a shade or so lighter but in the palette I listed above, I use 3 of the shades and blend. Two of them are slightly darker than my skin tone and one is lighter. You'll just have to try it and see what works best for you. :)

• I'm not too experienced with makeup, but I sometimes use Rimmel London match perfection concealer (which is also a highlighter)
    I think this would be good to try as it's quite affordable and matches most skin tones (My skin is so pale and this works wonders)

Hope this helped :3

• L. A Girl Pro Concealer! It's cheap and you could find it at your beauty supply store. Also since you have oily skin, using a translucent powder over your concealer will help prevent creasing and make it last longer.

• If you go on youtube and look for best undereye concealer, you will have many advice and reviews so check those out before you make a decision.

• I like to use a tinted eye cream because they actually help the bags not just cover them. You can actually use them under concealer if you want to. For a concealer I like to use a stick rather than liquid because they stay on better.