Business casuals?

Can anyone tell me what does business casual dress code mean? I have been searching for some knowledge on this but there doesn't seem to be a standard definition for it or is there any standard definition for that?

Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinions!

Most Helpful Girl

• For a man, business casual is like a polo and pants (maybe khakis or some grey ones, just not jeans). It can depend on the region where you live.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is still business dress, but more casual.
    For example: a white button down shirt and dark-wash jeans that fit well. The shirt tucked in, a neck tie is optional along with a sports coat. Dress shoes or any type of dressy shoe is fine. Just make sure the jeans are not long or can brush the floor. Wear a belt as well because that adds to the look.
    You can also switch the button down for a polo shirt. Just make sure it is tucked in.
    It is more relaxed attire, but with a business feel.
    For shirts: any button up with colar that is dressy or business appropriate. Solid polo shirts work well.
    Pants: dark-wash jeans work great because they are dark and appear professional.
    Shoes: anything dressy like dress shoes. I advise to look around in shoe store in the dressy/casual department.
    Options: neckties/bowties and sport coats. You do not need them, but they are good to have.
    Hope this sums it up. Feel free to message me if you have more questions about it.

What Girls Said 3

• No jeans. No runners or flip flops.

Best bet is dress pants and a collared shirt or golf shirt. No tie or blazer. Wear loafers or other dressier shoes.

Basically, it is business without the tie / blazer.

• Not a full suit. Like dress pants and dress shoes with a nice colored button down. A tie is optional.

• No jeans! No t shirts! Just wear a classic button down shirt and maybe some khakis

What Guys Said 3

• Tucked polo shirt, one without much branding and not to colourful + charcoal or cream chinos/dress pants. Or swap the polo with a dress shirt in (no tie) and top button undone.

• wehen I dress Busniness casuals it is mostly formal you try to make it casuals by dressing it down

• Just guy in shorts and a short sleeve shirt