Is dressing up stupid?

I'm meeting my ex tonight, just to see each other. He really wants to, and I'm not sure whether or not we should, but he got really upset the last time I said no, plus well... I've a big paper to write... and anything not to...

Either way, I'm dressing up a lot more than usual to see him. It's not a date, neither of us wants to be back together right now, and neither of us is under the illusion the other is coping all that great from the breakup (which was a few months back).

My question is is it stupid for me to dress up? I'm not going all out, but he knows me pretty well. And he knows when I'm dressed up. Would he think anything particular about it?

I'm also writing this because I got ready a bit early.. and I'm not going to change either way, but I'd like to know what people think.

Most Helpful Girl

• haha. well why would you dress up? I mean if you guys are juss going out. what is the point of dressin up? shii if it was me then I would juss dress casual.. I wouldn't want him to think I was desperate or any thing.. but I guess I neever really had to deal with any thing like this.. but when an ex wants to see you then I guess they miss you.. and things like that.. so I guess if you miss him a lot then you could dress up and let him know.. but if you wnat him to know that you are ok with it then id juss go all casually dressed and stuff..but ur not going to change any ways! haha but yea.. laterz!

What Guys Said 1

• No, it's not stupid at all to dress up for no reason. Do what you want to do, who cares what other people think about it-

What Girls Said 2

• as far as things go with ex's... take them with vengeance. if you still believe he wronged you, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with dressing up [slightly sexy], making him kick himself AGAIN, leaving with a smile on your face, and ignoring his texts/calls for the next couple weeks.

• he's an ex, who cares. if you're not trying to get back with him, don't bother to dress up.