Guys, Do most guys like a "tomboyish" style on a girl?

So the only reason I ask this is because I dress quite tomboyish. I feel like there needs to be a better word that that! I usually wear:
black jeans
converse high tops
camo jacket
leather jacket
plain t shirts
stud belt
G Shock watch

regardless of what items I wear, my brother is always telling me you " look kind of guyish" but then again he wants me to wear dresses 24/7 but the only time I do is when I go to church. But to be honest, I love my style and I really don't care. But, do other guys find this appealing or do I have to dress like a girly girl because my style is just unappealing? Again, just curious. And I'm not going to change my style for others.
Thanks!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I like yer style personally... girly girls just disgust me for some reason...

Also I should mention I dislike it if a chick's obsessed wid anime or games... and it's often a tomboyish thang... so as long if yer not a fanatic of those shit... then we're gonna get along well...

• Hahaha it's funny you say that. I HATE anime and games with a passion!

• Actually last decade it has become a huge trend... just another stupid trend perhaps... trends come and go... so I guess it'll go after some years...

• Yeah haha don't forget about the furries and bronies!

What Guys Said 13

• never take fashion advice from men. Especially if you are related to them.

The 'tomboy' look only tells me that this girl would probably be comfortable sitting around playing video games with me all day. But even that is just an assumption - not a conclusion or expectation.

• Personally, I love it. There's a time and place for dresses but I prefer a girl who's picked out what SHE likes and feels comfortable in. It also says to me that she's not going to be all dainty and afraid of having some fun.

• EXACTLY! Got to be ready to get under a car or climb a tree at a drop of a hat! Thanks :)

• You're welcome. FWIW, my girlfriend looks sexiest when dressed in her activewear for running, or in jeans and a plaid shirt like a country gal <3

• Aw that's nice! Plaid shirts are the best :)

• that outfit you described doesn't really describe a tomboy, to me at least, its more of a girl who's into some shit lol.

• Sounds like regular clothes. I don't mind tomboy look however I do like that wife varies her look from "tomboy" to just regular relax clothes to girly dresses to just wearing normal blouses, skirts, lowcut shirts.

• your style says who you are. if someone doesn't like it then they are the wrong person for you. personally i dont see anything wrong with how you dress. my wife is just happy dressing in a jeans and a sweatshirt. and more to the point she doesn't even own a dress.

• I prefer girly girls personally. But I do find tomboy girls interesting.
    When I see a cute, shy girl I see someone who's more into cuddles and romantic conversations.
    When I see a tomboy girl, I see someone who'd probably pin me to the floor if I dared her too. More aggressive and confident sort of thing...

• A tomboy that can be girly. Like your leather jacket, black jeans, stud belt, with a pair of heels. I do much better with tomboys than with girly girls.

• Most "tomboyish" chicks have small tits so I don't like nothing on em Tbh lol

• yep that seems like something a guy would say that has his bicep as his profile pic :)

• Cos I am jacked and have amazing bod?

• if a girl is fun and attractive i don't think guys will care if a girl dresses like a tomboy

• Some guys do, some don't. Depends on the guy.

• No problem but should be with no clothes when I'm around.

• I've always been attracted to girls with the "Tomboy" style.

• I don't know what other guys would say, i prefer girly girls, i didn't find your style appealing.