Does anybody else think heels are unattractive and / or overrated?

Maybe I'm that one weird dude out there, but I just don't find heels attractive on a girl, especially huge, gawdy ones. I much prefer flats, sneakers, and sandals (or just bare feet). What a lady wears is her own business, but when a gal slips on her slilettos and talks about how sexy she feels, I'm like "meh".

Thoughts?

• I like heels on a woman.
  • I'm not crazy about heels, but I don't mind them.
  • Heels are unattractive and / or do nothing for me.
And it would appear that I am indeed in the minority based on this poll.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, you must be a first. I dont favor heels that much. I would wear them on special occassions like church, wedding, graduation etc but on a casual day and even sometimes on dates, I wear sandals, ballet flats and boots (love my boots). I've never really though of my self as the "Girly type" but I've met some guys who have put such a large emphasis on heels that it makes some of us feel we are not sexy if we dont wear that and thats not true.

• I've known guys like that, and I just don't get the mentality. If anything, I would actually ask a girl NOT to wear heels, because I'm aware of how uncomfortable they can be, let alone how unattractive they are. I find it annoying that heels = sexy in the minds of so many folks, that some women feel like they have to put them on to be pretty or hot. Oh, well. I guess-like always-I'm the odd man out.

• @Asker, you keep that way :) and thanks for the mho :D

• Yes, ma'am.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate heels. I'd rather a woman be comfortable, and they might, but I don't know how.

What Girls Said 22

• I don't mind them if I don't wear them for long. Also if they're comfortable I don't mind them at all.

But I always go for lower heels or flats over really high heels.

It's terrible when women wear them and obviously don't know or can't walk in them - Why people? WHY?

• i like heels but i dont wear them often. it takes me awhile to find the perfect one but a lot of the stuff i wear is quite elegant and not so over the top.

• i love heels, not the back breaking ones that could pierce a man's heart but boots that give me 2 inch boost and are comfortable.
    emiliesobel.com/.../9270163.png?691

• I like heels, but I don't wear them all the time. Only for special occasions. I like sandals or flip flops better in the summers and just normal running shoes or boots any other time. Some girls I know think I should wear heels or fancy shoes all the time, but I just feel they should be for special nights. I'm just not girly girl like some of my friends.

• That's another thing that I don't understand: why are heels considered girly? They're murder on the legs, and men actually wore them first. lol.

• @Hopefuldreamer8 A woman after my own heart. :)

• Hiker chicks rule! Woot woot!

• My boyfriend is neutral about them and prefers shoes where I feel comfortable in. So not heels so in that way he doesn't like them.
    My father says he doesn't like them either because they make a woman look sort of vunerable and walk like a new-born deer lol.

• I dress like a guy!

• I am not a fan of the foot torture

• Yep: no 50 Shades of Foot Abuse for me, please. lol.

• lmfao yeah man, at least all the guys out there with foot fetishes would have something to look forward to :P

• IKR? All the poor boyfriends / hubbies / guy friends drug to the theaters might actually be able to stay awake for that movie. Haha.

• I'm almost 6ft and never wear heels so it's kinda moot. I think they look sexy sometimes but are also kinda odd lookinh to me

• I think tall girls are cute, so I hate it when average ladies wearing 4 - 6 inch heels walk up beside of me in a crowded setting. At first, I'm all excited, then I see her shoes, and I'm like, "Crap! She's cheating!" >:-( ( :'-( )

• Haha yeah sometimes I get the opposite. People will look at me and go "shit you aren't even wearing heels" xD

• That would be a compliment coming from me. Haha. Tallies FTW! :-D

• I hate them. They were meant for horse riding, not for walking.
    I don't understand women who hurt themselves voluntarily.
    And every guy who likes high heels on a women, yet brags about them preferring circumcised aka 'mutilated' dicks is a hypocrite and should shut the hell up.
    It fucks with your spine, ankles, feet and posture. It's unhealthy and unnatural.

• The only thing they do for me is give me leg pain and blisters.

• I like heels!

• Well I love them because they can make me look taller because I'm so short
    But hate them because they're uncomfortable (and I'm a bit clumsy X)

• I'm not personally a fan of them, I never wear them.

• I just can't wear them I hurt myself

• Sadly, a lot of people don't care and stick them on anyway. I don't understand.

• I rarely ever wear them & I make sure I don't have to walk far in them when I do aha. So painful.

• The chunkier a heel is the more I like it. Stilettos, no.

• I love heels, but we'll everyone has their own opinion.

• I think they look nice but the pain is more than it's worth.

• That's the thing that I never understood: why wear something that makes your day miserable when any appreciable amount of walking is involved? :-/

• I'm not really a heels girl 🙅🏻

• they look nice, but I personally dont wear them that often, they are just uncomfortable lol

• I love to wear them

• I wear heels like each day

What Guys Said 12

• Heels are unattractive and / or do nothing for me

• I am not a fan of shoes with spiked heels.

I don't like these...
    www.thewrap.com/.../Cannes-Heels-.jpg

• I am indifferent the only reason women wear them is cause it makes their asses look tighter and for some reason us guys like that. Once again its false marketing.

• Agreed. I like to be certain of what I'm getting, which is why make-up, heels, implants, dyes, etc. do nothing for me.

• Yep same here.

• Whaaaa, Heels are sexy!!

• I think they can be hot every now and then.

• I like heels on a woman, as long as she knows how to walk with them, and not look like a duck.

• I think they're totally overrated af. Sometimes they're hot but I don't think anyone should wear them all day or very often.

• IKR? Why does a lady need to wear her sling backs for a Wal-Mart grocery run? :-/

• I like them but they are overrated

• Heels are hot as hell for me

• I would agree with you

• I like girls that wear heels. Mostly if she is a tomboy that wear heels sometimes.

• They make the butt look better. This is a fact

• True, true, but I want a booty that looks good all the time, and not just when it's in a pair of ugly footwear. ;-)