What is you opinion on revealing clothing on girls? Should 12 year old's be wearing yoga pants and thongs with a crop top?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care.
    I think anyone can wear what they want, as long as it is appropriate for where they are.

Don't wear a miniskirt to a funeral. Don't wear a tuxedo to a dinner at Applebees.
    Personally, outside of home and the gym, I don't think anyone should wear yoga pants. I mean, women look GREAT in them, but they aren't actually clothing! They're workout gear.

But, as for the age itself? No, I don't think it's a good idea, but I couldn't really care, either. Parents buy their kids clothes, so if the parent buys that, its their fault if the kid wears it. And if they think someone might be looking at their kid sexually, maybe they should ask themselves if they're dressing the kid sexually.

Now, part of this is the kid wanting to dress more mature and adult. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe get them into looks, styles, etc, that ARE mature, and ARE adult, and ARE attractive and aren't slutty!

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on where you're wearing such selective attire. Perhaps at home or in some other casual setting but in my opinion definitely not at school. The undergarment part I believe really doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable wearing it as I assume no one actually sees that area. I myself would never wear such an outfit since I've been accustomed to wearing a more "prude" attire according to my peers. Wear what you want in my opinion but do keep in mind where you are wearing it and what message you're sending out to peers, colleagues, and acquaintances.

What Guys Said 28

• Thongs and crop top for a 12 year-old? Too young for that.

• i think no, sexualising younger girls can be a problem area, for me girls should start to go down that route in late teens

• Yes, but also, it depends on the subject, ie the person seeing her, who shouldn't be sexualising her in the first place.

• Dosent concern me so i dont give a fuck, Nothing to do with me and i won't be affected regardless, so, yeah, do what you want i suppose.

• Absolutely not.

• Hot style for girls of age. But def inappropriate for young girls like that yeah.

• at 16? sure, as long as it's not toooo extreme.
    12 is a bit young though

• If a gal is 18 then it is totally her choice. Her school or employer may say not to some things, but when out on her own, it is her business what she wears.

It becomes a bit more complicated for the 16 and 17 year olds. It can actually be against some laws for them. And they are still legally under their parent' control.

Older can wear it if she wants, but do not be upset if I enjoy the view.

• Nope. No way.

• Good lord no, geez what is wrong with kids these days.

• 12 is definitely too young for that style

• Hell nah

• the pants and top might be alright, but not the thong

• That is beyond inappropriate for a 12 year old girl.

• Any girl younger than 18 should NOT wear revealing clothing.

• I don't know I have been wearing yoga pants since 14. I wear them at the gym with long ti shirt covering dick line

• No way. Thongs are sexualisation. No place amongst kids

• Why not, Summer will bring new styles and is ok ! Nobody can force you not to wear it, only your parents!

• Acceptable. (?)

• No, but you can!

• hell no!

• No. You shouldn't wear intentionally sexy clothing until legal age.

• Nah tripping I would not allow that

• Uh, no.

• That's a bit young, maybe at like 16 but not 12

• 12 is way too young to be wearing provocative clothes like that.

• Um no and don't give me that freedom and bullshit it's wrong

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• Well I can tell you that when my two daughters get to that age , they will NOT be wearing clothes like that. I definitely think it's unacceptable what young teens wear now a days. My mom would have tanned my hide if I tried to get away with wearing stuff like that.

• Are you open minded mom or traditional conservative?

• @Morning_Star90 I'm pretty open minded with most things and I'm not strict at all nor do I shelter my kids. The more you shelter them the more fucked up they turn out to be later in life from it so my ex and I have a very open minded policy on parenting BUT my children also know how to have self respect and love themselves and wearing clothes like that at a young age is not appropriate.

• Had a 12 year old - if not younger - girl in my work yesterday wearing leggings and a crop top. Her mom gave 0 fucks. I was kind of... appalled.

• We had to wear activewear similar to that in gymnastics when I was 12 just so we could easily move and not overheat. It wasn't inappropriate because we were just children doing sports, if someone found something "sexy" about it then they are a pedophile because normal people would just see some kid doing flips. There is definitely a time and a place for it.

• This pretty much. People don't think about it till puberty rolls around

• Yoga pants, yes, if they're not sheer.
    Thongs, yes, if no one can see them.
    Crop tops, yes, if you're wearing a high waisted bottom or an undershirt.

• Inappropriate for young girls. I think whole swinsuits suit them best.

• things? no.
    yoga pants are okay, and crop tops are just a fad lol

• YES that is way too young to be wearing those clothing articles

• well that sounds a little on the "too sexy" side for 12.

But unless the yoga pants are semi sheer, technically, its just a top and pants.

• Just curious if there was a reason that you picked the age of 12. I tried to message that to you, because of the pervs that perv here. LOL.

• I was trying me young girls but some people may thingk thats 15 or 16 or 7 or 8 so I try to be specific

• makes sense.

• 12? too young inappropriate. 18? sexy.

• Yoga pants might be ok, depending on the fabric and how they fit. Crop top, not at 12.

• If they want. It's fashionable, times change

• No, way too young.

• Well let's just say... My daughter will not dress like that at the age of 12 or wear make up at that age. Toooo young!

• To young I didn't start wearing thongs until I was 17. Crop tops I wore at 16. Yoga pants I wear every now and then.

• I got my first "thong" when I was 14, simply because I didn't want panty lines under my tights. Although I was sexually active at this time it was not for that reason. I don't know what is sexual about a crop top?

• is "thong" different that a regular thong?

• No I just don't call them thongs. G strings.

• No, my best friend has an 11 year old sister, she wears make up thongs crop tops and legging and just like wtf

1 private opinion(s)