Would you find me good-looking? Any reconstructive criticism?

I have a very low self-esteem.And I know this is very pathetic of me to be posting pics and asking this type of question,but I'm just curious and I want to some constructive criticism on how I could improve my appearance and any advice would be appreciated.Please answer honestly.I know I look older,but I'm 16 btw...if that makes any difference.Anyways,thanks.

This picture was taken about 2 years ago back when my hair was longer.No make-up.

link

This one was taken about 6 months ago.A bit of make-up.I now regret cutting my hair so I'm growing it out long once again.

link

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you're very good looking.

What Guys Said 16

• High cheekbones, narrow chin, the shape of your eyes, you a have all the features of pretty. I'm going to word my answer as such; because, I old enough to be your father. I think you'd probably like to consider the source. My pictures are in my profile.

• You needn't worry. If I saw you I'd find you attractive if you looked confident. If you had your head down or looked nervous I might think otherwise. There is that media"beauty" image of the blond straight haired blue eyed girl - your not her. I don't think you should let that interfere with the fact that there are plenty of men who will think of you as their type. For the mass of girls that arn't the barbie doll, there is an equal mass of men who don't like the barbie doll (who sometimes are afraid to admit it)

I'd like to add however, that you should work on defining yourself as a beautiful person and not waiting on others to define it for you.

It really is that simple.

• you are good looking. I would sneak looks at you on the street if I was your age. I like the intense flowing hair in the first pic , it is very flowing and feminine. Something your boyfriend cn play with while he is kissing you .

Look, you lack nothing. You have a lovely smile. No go , work on year self confidence and live your life and do what you love andis passionate about . Remember that part of the attractiveness is the attitude .

• You're pretty, don't worry about it. Personally, I think you look better in the first picture. Maybe I like the curly hair better. Usually I like makeup on girls, but the natural look suits you.

• Thanks.I was getting a bit worried at the fact that some people thought I looked better in the second picture because it's angle(can't see my face as well as in the first) and because of the make-up,which personally,I don't like to wear very often due to my lack of "skills" applying it.

• You look far better in the second link.

• Want me to be honest?

The first pic I did not like at all. However, the 2nd picture I found decent. Nothing that makes me go "WOAH!" but nothing that made me vomit either. You look alright.

Also, you are 16... seriously? You are still going through puperty and sh*t (spelling?)

Most girl don't even look close to as decent you look in the 2nd picture. Give it a year and two and you will be someone that makes guys turn around and drop their jaws.

You have no need at all to worry because YOU DO LOOK ALRIGHT! and my best advice on how to look better? Get some more self-esteem, there is nothing more hot as a girl with self-esteem.

• Could you please tell me why didn't you like the second picture?

Nevertheless,I really appreciate your advice and honesty,so thank you.

• Damn you look smoking hot! ^_^

• you look a bit like Lilo from Lilo and Stitch :3

• hey !

u are really cute in both the pics..

the best way you shape to your body is by practicing "YOGA"

i think you heard of it .

some call it as "Indian aerobics".

believe me it really works...if you do so!

• You look much better in the second picture!

• Why? :/ Is it because of the angle or lighting?

• very pretty! honestly, with your looks, a decent personality would for sure seal the deal with any guy...or girl. depending on your preference. ;o)

• Sweet!

You're very cute.

• Yeah you are ... I'd get with you, but ... that'd be illegal.

• you are a very attractive yung woman... smh... you are fine as hell

• Yep you look cute

• I don't know about other people,but personally,I think you're crazy for even doubting yourself.You're beauitful.

And I really do love your eyes...this migh freak you out,but I actually kept staring at your pictures because of the fact.ha ha :p very cute

• Lol.Don't worry,I'm used to it.People often tell me I have "puppy eyes"

What Girls Said 14

• Low self-esteem isn't a product of not looking good. Some of the most confident people I know are not any classic beauties. Vice versa, I have met some amazingly beautiful people that have low self-esteem. Worse, people will tell them how pretty they are and they just never are able to take it in and feel better.

So to build your self-esteem you need to do other things, not just get feedback from people about your looks. Actually looking at things you are good at and celebrating that you can do those things well is a good start. Sure you can find more resources on the internet too.

• Very helpful.Thank you!

• You look really cute. I was actually nervous before clicking the picture because I thought I'd have to brace myself because you'd need some serious help but you're already really pretty. I don't know what you're worried about.

Longer hair is always more attractive on women, if you feel more comfortable growing out then go ahead and do it. If you were me, I'd straighten it . I have curly hair too and I'm stuck in the paradox with the love/hate relationship with my hair. I really don't have anything else that could help you except to tell you to dress your body shape and move with confidence.

Good luck!

• Lol @ the second sentence.Seriously,it felt like I lost a part of my personality when I got the hair cut. O_O And yh,I'm growing out my hair because I think I look more feminine and I guess I've just gotten used to it.The only problem I have with it is the fact that it's very hard to handle because it's thick and it takes long to straighten..typical curly hair.lol.

• I feel you. My hair is terrible. And I shampoo it every other day so I have to devote an average of 2 hours a week to straightening it.

• Sweetie, you have great hair and a pretty face. I think you're good-looking for sure. I like your hair both curly and straight, but if you're growing it long and curly again I suggest you do a side-part like in your recent picture, and not a middle part like in the older one.

• Thanks for the advice :)

• You seriously have nothing to worry about. You have that beautiful exotic look and I would kill - okay perhaps not kill but I would go to extreme lengths, to get hair like yours, especially the long curly hair that you had in the first photo.

You really shouldn't doubt yourself.

• higher up ur esteem girl I 2 hav a low self esteem but after seeing that you are not ugly at all ur so pretty and cute...^^

• I think you're gorgeous! but the long hair suits you better in my opinion, and you have natural beauty, so that eyeliner really isn't doing your eyes any justice. I would say grow your hair out, and maybe just put on some mascara and lipgloss, and you would be even more stunning(:

• Don't change anything. Get out there and live your life, girl!

• Your really pretty in both (: !

• YOU ARE SUPER CUTE! I love the pic with short hair. it looks good on you!

• everyone has a different opinion on what is goood looking . not everyone likes one sort of style . I believe you are pretty .

• definitely :)

• whatever you do, don't PUT OUT easy.

• Sorry,but what does putting out easy have to do with the question? :/

• you're very pretty you shouldnt have low self esteem!

i think you look better with as little makeup as possible. you look exotic though so you don't need a lot

long and curly hair suits you the best but your current cut is fine too

• You're really pretty, & when you grow your hair out I think yo should wear it curly, cause it is so voluptuous,& you could straighten out from time to time.

Do you really doubt your pretty, or do you talk yourself into it just so the truth will always feel like a nice surprise?

( I used to do that, till I realized I could get much more done if I was WITH myself, not AGAINST myself^ )

:-)

• Trust me,I really did wish that was the case,but thanks for your answer :)

• DON'T - typo - sorry... If you can get by without make up whic YOU can, it is better in th long run,cause when yo ae older your skin will be soooo muc healthie having escaped years of teenage & young adult abuse, & if you want to start when you are older you have more window of time open... Plus it ooks better natural, maybe a bit of color on your lips - anyone not you in particular.. & I always think a touch of dark eyeliner on the corner of the eyes or a bit more along the outline of lid-

• Is nice if you REALLY want to accentuate you eyes, & YOUR eyes are pretty.

Remember just a touch, you don't want to LOOK LIKE you have it on lol.... , Just want a bit of a dramatic effect.. But mostly I would just stay natural, & PLEASE when you grow your hair keep it curly for A LOT of the time, if not ALL... People pay SO much money to get what you got naturally^^

:-)