What do you think matters most, looks or personality?

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's use a party analogy. Say you get invited to this huge party. It's at a popular nightclub. You get there and your name is on the list. So now you think all is well and you're about to go partyyy. But before you can go in, you have to show proper ID. Doesn't matter if your name is on the list or not. No ID, not entry.

Looks can get your name on the list no problem. But your ID what gets you into the party. If that makes any sense. It did in my head lol. I'm running off of like 9 hours of sleep since Friday morning.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say they are equally important because they are both necessary in a relationship.

Looks will give you initial attraction and personality keeps the attraction going long term. If someone has great personality but also is one I don't find at all attractive, chances are they'll be stuck in the "friend zone." Rather, I'll still want to be around them because they're awesome, but I wouldn't want to really date them.

Likewise, if someone has great looks but not great personality, a long term relationship wouldn't work out. The disagreements and anger would build up and we'd split up fast. No one wants to date a girl who is a total jerk no matter how attractive they are.

However, for looks, it all comes down to a threshold. It is like a certain level of attractiveness they'd have to pass. I guess that would be called "standards." Once they pass the threshold for minimum attractiveness, they are clear in that regard.

A similar thing happens with personality, though it is harder to discover personality all at once. One can't simply look at a person and go "yep, their personality SUCKS..." hence why we date before we go into a long term relationship. We figure out their personality before jumping fully into a relationship with the person.

What Girls Said 18

• Secretly, everyone says looks. But personality can make or break a person. So I think personality is more important... but it is a hard decision. LOL. It sounds kinda shallow, I know.

• I think both are important but initially, most people have to have a physical attraction.

It's a guys appearance which attracts me , but it's his personality that I fall in love with. So most people need to be physically attracted to someone before they'll consider dating them, but their personality determines if they continue to date them or not.

• Looks fade, personality is more important.

• Equally important

• Personality 80%, looks 20% A person can even look better based on their personality. Personality plays a tremendous role in everything. It can turn a 2 into a 10 really quickly.

• The first thing you notice about someone is their looks, but then getting to know them , if they have a terrible personality then their looks are worthless. So I think the two matters equally.

• Personality hands down! A man could be an gorgeous to me but if he opens his mouth and says something stupid those looks go out the door.

• Looks get me interested at first.
    Personality later.

• As someone who's been well battered by the ugly stick I think that personality matters, I don't judge people on how they look but sadly most people do look down their nose at you if you are well below average looking.

• Looks are important to me, but if there's no personality I'm kicking you to the curb.

• 90% personality, 10% looks

• personality of course

• Both are important- but personality more..

• If I had to choose one extreme I would pick looks. Obviously both come into play but yeah, looks. They get you far.

• In this day and age? Looks.

• Personality

• Personalities!!!
    Really really really really really!!!

• Generally speaking:
    To men:
    Looks
    To women:
    A combination of personality and status.

What Guys Said 14

• Great question, I think that the situation determines what might be considered most important. I also think that how we are perceived is affected by personality and self image. So, be yourself, find your voice and show your inner beauty to everyone that has the privilege to come into contact with you. When you accept yourself, love yourself and find your voice ( your unique gift ) and are willing to accept others, You will look simple marvelous and shine like you are ten feet tall and from planet amazing...

• Looks... when it comes to girls.

• Looks first and personality second in order. But they are of equal priority... In fact, personality is more important. It just doesn't matter for dating if you're not physically attractive to the other person.

• Both are important - different ratios for different purposes.

• Matters most would be personality. But looks also matter.

• I can't be ttrcted to someone unless I like there persoality, so personlity

• Both

• Girl

• definitely looks,

• mix of both.

• They both matter!
    Looks will get you in the door while personality keeps you in.
    Just having a great personality won't give you much of a chance to begin with.

• Both have importance but personality lasts longer.

• LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS LOOKS

cause people can say whatever they want but they judge you based on your looks, how they treat you is based on your looks

• Looks get people to care enough to find out about your personality in the first place.
    So, looks.