San Francisco or LA? (please give me your opinoin)

I'm planning a trip to California but as I've never been there I have no idea which of those 2 cities has more to offer. or is worth a longer stay.

i can stay 1 week in one city and 2 weeks in the other.

i know this is a stupid question for GaG but I'm desperate. and I have to book tomorrow. so yea any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. please also tell WHY you think one is better than the other.

I'm also thankful for sightseeing tips and stuff :)

even if just one person answers this. THANK YOU.A MILLION *muah*

hmm what about San Diego? is it worth a trip?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, don't waste your time even considering San Diego, they don't compare at all to LA or San Francisco. Personally I like SF more then LA. SF has a very foreign and different feel compared to LA and it makes it feel more interesting. Also LA has a very boring downtown, SF has a bustling downtown. SF has the second highest density of any city in the US behind NYC, so there are a lot of skyscrapers and people there giving it a big city feel that LA lacks. So if you like culture go to SF if you like entertainment, go to LA.

What Guys Said 8

• I think if you've never been there you will see more of what California is all about in LA. There is a ton to do there obviously. It's also right next to other cities like Hollywood and Beverly Hills. So I think you'll get to see more if you are there and can drive to the surrounding cities. San Fran is cool but I don't think there is as much to do there.

• San Fran; I lived in the bay area (Palo Alto.) for a total of about 10 years (4 years undergrad, 6 years working) San Francisco has personality; LA is a sh*t hole. That's just my opinion.

• Agree, Btw you should try visiting Pleasanton!

• I hope your pretty fit; it's not like going to the park. It's cold and windy. I wouldn't waste a day walking across the bridge. If money is a big issue, you might want to enjoy LA a little more. That's something I didn't mention.

• Hmm ok. ahahah I don't think itll be that cold in cali. I live in the mountains so I'd say I'm used to freezing ^^ ill start running and see how far I can get :) hmmmm thanks a lot for your help guys xx

• IMO there is a lot more to do in LA. Nightlife is great and there are so many places to visit.

• San Fran is wayyy more beautiful, I live in orange county so I've been to LA a lot more though. From LA to san fran its such a big culture change to me. People in san fran dress so much different, almost like hippies. La has a lot of Glam. Id go to both. just choose one at random for now.

• Well so cal really really sucks. Northern cali is way more chill and beautiful, redwoods, no smog, no assholes.

• LA is very spotty, gangs galore and rich people.

San Fran is nice...very expensive though.

Silicon Valley is sweet...then you can visit Google.

• san diego is better weather wise, san fran. you could go to to tour, while l.a. is smog filled and dirty, but also where hollywood is. or well close to it. there's also oakland. as well. or anaheim

• San Fransisco! there's a lot of night clubs in the city! hit me up when ur down here. O.o

What Girls Said 4

• San Francisco is my favorite place in the world! In my opinion LA is overrated, just a polluted, wayyy over crowded city. San Francisco is kind of the best of both worlds, you get kind of a beach town feel with fisherman's wharf (def go there) but you also have great nightlife and restaurants. I could never get bored there and the people are so nice. Whatever you decide on have fun! :)

• SAN FRANCISCO, THEN COME BACK & TELL ME ABOUT IT. :-) :-)

Definitely no comparison.

• Thanks for sharing your opinion! <3 and I will tell you ^^ have you been there?

• NO but I am in love with it ^^

I would move there right now, if I was not otherwise engaged.

Have Fun*

• how was the trip?

• i say la, for the longer time