Who agrees that they should allow a woman to be free with their boobs and allow them to be topless wherever a man can go topless.. It's unfair?

I find it terrible that is ladies have to wear a bikini top or bra meanwhile guys can walk around wherever without a shirt on.. What's the big difference? Ours just are a bit bigger but we all have nipples? Why be shy and have to hide it?

• Yes I agree
  • No I don't
  • I already do it (girls)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I mean, I can see both sides... but just don't be surprised when you get looks from guys when your boobs are hanging out. Guys find boobs attractive. Can't quite help that. One can change the law, but one can't really change biology.

I don't think boobs are considered "sexual organs" from societal reasons. I think their sexuality has more has to do with the human psych itself. It is how we are wired. It is innately in us to find boobs sexually appealing, just like a butt. You can trace it back to evolution with signs of fertility and such... hence why one simply can't change their mindset.

So from that, it is going to get the same attention as showing something sexual in public. If you feel comfortable doing it, well, more power to you, but it would be crazy then to complain when suddenly you get more things like...
    -- Catcalls
    -- Checking out / sexual-ish stares in public
    -- Annoyance/angry stares by people who don't appreciate you showing boobs in front of them
    ... and so forth.

It's like the semi-popular internet picture but taken to a more extreme level:
    jokideo.com/.../...me-my-eyes-are-up-here-meme.jpg
    Like you can wear what you want, but just be aware of possible results.

Is that still "unfair?" Well, then I guess that's just life unfortunately. Life/biology is unfair at its core. If it was completely fair, we'd all be 6 ft, asexually reproduce, have no gender, and all look exactly the same. It just happens to be women's sexuality is different than men and thus reactions are different to various things.

• Actually it is because of society teaching us that breasts are secual that we consider them to be so.

Proof?
      There are tribes who have laughed in peoples faces about Western men who are wanting their mummys breasts. Or whatever it is they said. These were women who walk around covering only their bottom hakf and receive no looks from their men for doing so.
      I dont have links as this was a documentary i saw years ago. But breasts are not inherently sexual, we are only taught to believe they are.

And if it becomes legal and more women do go without covering up, then whats to look at? Itll be a normal thing like seeing womens ankles.

Ankles were sexual once upon a time and we were forced to cover them up. Now look at us.

Breasts are going the same way. And its about time.

• @BaileyisDarcy The reason I said it is biological is due to butts (weird way to start a paragraph I know lol). Psychologists hypothesize that men view butts as attractive (and some butts more attractive than others) due to evolution. Along with waist hip ratio, the size/proportion are cues to fertility and health.

(Source comes from my psychology of sex class I'm enrolled in now)

Likewise, with breasts, I hypothesize the existence of the breast leads to fertility cues. These fertility cues are subconscious indicators that lead to sexual attraction to what we like more... Just like butts.

Things can be shaped however with society, offering variation in preferences. This can be noted in things like hair color preferences, which is theorized to come about from childhood development amongst other influences such as rarity. (I. e. The nice person who was kind to you when you were a kid had blonde hair, so you like blonde hair).

Most Helpful Girl

• The big difference between why men can walk around topless relatively freely in comparison to men is that female breasts are secondary sexual characteristics.

I'm sure that there are many public places in certain cities and regions in which females are perfectly free to walk around with their breasts hanging out. Let's not forget, though, that if you choose to do this, you're choosing to also bare the load of the endless ogling/catcalling, etc.. that you'll undoubtedly receive from any men who you encounter at the time.

• I find it interesting reading your opinion and seeing what you have up as a profile picture. I am perfectly fine with both, just found it interesting.

• @Red_Arrow yeah, that's definitely true. I don't mean 'choose to bare the load' as in you're willingly going to accept or invite more sexually-fueled advances. Just that you should be aware that that's part of the reaction you'll get.

Like... I can't really justify any bitching for creepy messages I might receive atm. A bit of what I meant may have been lost in translation but yeah. 😇

• What is creepy is up to interpretation by individuals. But I do not think you have invited anything creepy.

What Guys Said 38

• Agree with you completely. And there are places where a woman can do that. I know that many women would not go top;less if it was allowed, and that is fine. It would be their choice. So why are women who wish to go topless not allowed the same opportunity to have the choice?

• women can go topless all they want. if they bitch about me gawking at their tits, I'll just laugh at them.
    Men and women both have seen breasts sexually since before recorded history. If you expose them, you had damn well better expect people to look.

• It's all fair and well younger guys saying definetely but let's get real here. Car crashes. Groped in public. Unwanted attention everywhere they go. Imagine it's your girlfriend going topless? I'd have been fighting every guy that looked in her direction as a younger man. In jail every 5 minutes then up to high dole about guys being in my house with her when I was. I'd end up insane and hating her or hurting her. Bet plenty of guys would do the same. It's just shameless 'look at me everybody' flaunting. I think girls or guys like that are laughable

• shoot... you are always free to show me yours any time you want to darling.
    i really don't care for clothes... stupid legal rules...

• All women going topless? Umm.. No. Imagine the amount of accidents that would cause!!! Men are already walking into electric poles when women aren't topless, now we would need steel clad poles to keep the men from damaging the poles. The costs would be enormous!!!

Some women can cause traffic accidents just by walking while fully clothed. Having a lot of women going topless will only increase the accidents.

• I agree, but hen how many times do women hate having men stare? They will definitely stare more. Some people dont know how to introduce 'boobs to their kids, kids don't understand why they are there.

Women should be allowed, but I think that negative things would happen.

• I agree with this. I realize that in our society today not many women would feel comfortable doing that, but I think they should have the legal right to do it.

• Women are always whining about guys looking at their boobs
    s2.quickmeme.com/.../...c78f4ceb71461c31dcbd5f.jpg

• Disagree. Breasts are sexual organs whether we like it or not. Therefore the comparison with male toplessness is irrelevant. And when we live in a society which is obsessed with sexual assault and "rape culture," the thought of women walking around topless really scares me as a man. What if I accidentally bump into her chest or something? Then I could be looking at a sexual assault charge depending on how feminists spin the law.

• That's my point, it's been made into a sexual object but what if they were always just like normal? Then nobody would care

• Sure, let them, but don't be surprised if I randomly get a boner.

• Well, the only places we usually take our shirts off are either the beach or somewhere in close proximity to one. And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of women that go topless too. What's the problem? If you want to have the same rights as some drunk who walks town in his underwear, I think you've got it all wrong.

• Well, I suppose I agree that women should be allowed to be topless. But fair warning - a good number of men will probably be staring at women who are topless. And just so you know, not a lot of people around here go topless - unless they are at the beach (and it's summertime). I will admit, I'd be one of the guys staring at topless women.

• i find it ironic considering how many complaints women have about guys staring at their breasts when they have their shirt on, but totally gung ho about going around topless

• I'm all for seeing more boobs. Sure.

• I honestly find the whole thing ridiculous and one that can quite easily be combated.

• I completely agree with you but for far too long breasts have been sexualised so I doubt a change will ever happen

• Move to New Zealand. It is legal for a woman to be topless if she wants to. In fact it isn't illegal to be naked as long as nothing lewd is going on

• It depends on where you live. Here in Ontario, women can go topless if they want.

• I agree.

• You think guys stare at your cleavage now... wait till your topless..
    There's a lot of reason why I think society is like this. I don't agree with all the reasons, but I'm also too lazy to list them all.

• I dont only because i dont wanna deal woth the women that will complain when we look at their boobs
    Cause we will look
    Also i feel like its a silly thing to fight for when there are more important things a woman should have equal rights for

• Totally agree. It's not that big of a deal.

• Fuck yes. How awesome would it be to see women walk around without shirts? Free eye-candy.

• it always makes me wonder why people go to a beach, be topless and act like everything is ok.. but on the street is OMG YOU FUCKING WEIRDO...

i say go for it.. FUCK IT!

• I totally agree... let's start a movement people!! FREE THE BOOBIES 2016 *Chuckles* :P

• Pretty much

• Lol i speak on behalf of all guys, we would love for that to be a thing! However i also see why its not a thing, boobs are kinda the the same thing as a man's dick and thats illegal to have out in public.

• no that's stupid
    if she needs to feed her baby I understand
    but other than that stay covered

• I completely agree. Either you allow being topless or you ban it for everyone.

• More from Guys
    8

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 24

• People should be able to if they want to. Boobs aren't sexual organs, they're just sexualized by the media and such. I personally wouldn't do it but other girls if they feel like just going topless? Sure, it's their right to make that choice.

• That's exactly what think

• I more or less agree if a girl chooses to do so. However, there are places where no one is allowed to go shirtless (i. e. a restaurant or school) - and those laws are non-gender specific. That's the way ALL of the laws should be written.

I probably wouldn't do it personally... but if males are allowed to so shirtless in a public place (i. e. the beach) - then females should be given the same option without fear of arrest. Either that, or just tell everyone to wear shirts everywhere.

Practical? Not really. But it would be "FAIR".

• If it became legal and commonplace, I believe you and many other women would eventually go topless at least when it is real hot.

• It's legal here in Canada, but the law states (for both genders) that public places like restaurants can refuse to serve you. By all means if women want to do it, that's their choice, but for me I see no real benefit to walking around topless so I see no reason to partake in it.

• im a woman and i find this argument stupid.

• I need support. Do what ever you want, but I won't participate in that.
    There are also bigger and more important issues in this world to take care of, rather than who can show a nipple in public.

• I completely agree with you that there are bigger things in the world to worry about but why must we always take life so seriously and be so closed minded?

• just because she disagrees [like me], doesn't make her close minded. get over yourself asker.

• Yes, women should have the legal right to do so. I doubt that many of us would because we know the reaction to it, but I think it's important to recognise that women should have the same rights.

• If you want to go topless go ahead miss nobody cares 😒😒 and for the men of course they'll going to say "yes" cause they have hidden motives 😂😂😂😂
    Oh god 😳😳😳
    I imagined the situation😳 it was a mess and i really don't want to see topless women around me when i go to the beach or whatever 😷😷😷😷
    Sometimes i think animals are better than humans 🐑🐏🐎🐆🐅🐂🐈🐐🐖🐘🐪🐫🐕🐒🐩🐃🐄🐀🐁
    There are other important things in life than this and still all we think about is "why can't we go to the beach or outside topless" 😐😐😐😐
    Fucking humans 😤😤
    So i'm not with or against😒 I simply don't care as long as i'm having FUN time even if i had to wear pajamas to the beach😒😒 not going to bother myself by something silly like this 😃😃

• Here some problems with it:
    1. Girls like 12 years old or younger who are developing breasts will do then, do you really want people staring at them?

2. Then guys might go and staring pictures of you without a shirt or bra and post it online and you could get harass (I watch a youtube video where a guy was on the dark web and he show a website where they take nude pictures of girl post them up and find personal information about them and post it online too) like boyfriend number, their number, address etc.

3. Since people think they have a right to tape you or take pictures of you without consent they and go and do that to you, even for their personal use or put it online.

I don't know about you but even if it was legal I wouldn't do it because of these reason 2 and 3. I don't think little girls should be thinking ok to do that because pedos.

• Hey man, if you want to walk around without a bra on, go right ahead. I'm keeping my bra because without it my back hurts to much that I want to die.

• It's actually legal in my country, just nobody does it because the majority of people are still conservative, judgmental bitches lol sucks to have boobs sometimes

• If you want to do that, then that's your prerogative. I'd prefer not to though. Breasts will always be seen as sexual organs.

• I don't see a problem with it. I think that bras are good support and good for protection.

• Boobs are extremely distracting no matter what gender is looking at them. Topless women will cause A LOT of car wrecks and a bunch of other things.

• I know right! free the freaking nipple

• Great idea!!! If you want to be stared at by every guy in the world and raped!

I don't find it fair either, but it would be stupid if a woman did that. No offense

• i don't think it's a problem

• Where I live it is legal for a woman to go topless. Not that I'm about to do it though.

• If you want I don't see the problem.

• Here In Ontario that's in Canada it is legal for a woman to go topless.
    Has been for years now.

• women body is a work of art. women are more attractive than men in general. we're different this equal thing is just stupid

• I'd would at the beach but not anywhere else. Note should men

• I wrap up my breasts because I like the support, not because I'm made to do it. Not wearing a bra makes my boobs hurt.

• No thanks. Girls already walk arounds in sjorts that are like thongs. Do you need to be naked in public to feel satisfied?

• Everyone has the need for something

• ? What a weird response.

• Media has already oversexualized the female body. Whether women walk around nude or not, now it's not going to change the fact that men are going to see breasts as sexual