Would you be ashamed of your boyfriend if he dresses badly?

so me and my amazing man are together for more than a year now. He is perfect in every sense except for the way he dress. it usually don't bother me until we went to this gathering (my uncle's birthday) His choice of clothing was so horrible. I asked him why he was wearing that and he said he was comfortable with it. He wore a basketball shorts and a horrible light blue shirt and high socks with light green stripes and he wore a black Vans. I didn''t tell him he looked bad because i didn't want to hurt his feelings. My family didn't say anything about his clothing but I felt like a little ashamed of his clothing that night. I am proud of him as my boyfriend so don't get me wrong, I love him. he has a great body, he just don't know how to dress properly. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• This is really just something that you fix. A very simple example is that my ex would constantly compliment me when I wore this shirt she found me to look good in. What happens? I ONLY wore that. Always. As often as possible.

So well, you can influence it a lot by telling him what you like, but be careful. It might be more effective than you expect.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not buy him an outfit or take him shopping? I dont love my bfs taste but if I go all gaga and horny acting on him he buys whatever i like so his dress sense is getting better :)

• i buy him clothes it's just that he doesn't know how to properly pair it. lol

• Just gotta act like it makes you sooooo attracted you can't keep your hands off him my boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and it works better than ever!

• yay thanks.

What Guys Said 1

• Just show him how and use positive reinforcement

What Girls Said 4

• i wouldn't be ashamed of him but id definitely give him some tips in the kindest way possible. I'm not gonna lie, i appreciate a sense of style.
    girl, take ur man out on a date to the mall :P make it fun.

• I'm fine with almost anything inside the house but as soon as we leave to any place where other people are gonna look at us, I expect a certain degree of sense for fashion and that's only fair as I pay a lot of attention to the way I dress myself.

• imma gonna be honest i never met my boyfriend in person i scared to find out how he dresses since he hates thing i suggest he should wear

• I wouldn't mind.