Red= sexual attraction?

Is this true guys? When you see a lady in red (clothes/lipstick)
You become more drawn to her?Red= sexual attraction?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201301/red-alert-science-discovers-the-color-sexual-attraction

• Yes its true... red is hot
  • Nah I can be drawn to any colour, it just depends on the girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh, it's okay. I find it hot when a woman has an all black outfit with red lipstick. Now that is sexy to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do wonder how true this is, not just for guys but for girls too. I am attracted to this guy already, but whenever he wears his red shirt, I think he looks more attractive. Now it could just be because red is his colour. People do have certain colours that they look good wearing. I've been told many times that blue is my colour. However, I've also read other articles both men and women are attracted to red. So chances are it could be true.

What Guys Said 25

• Actually red is the visual que for the mind to ascertain sexual arousal in a female considering she doesn't have a penis that becomes noticeably erect. Often women get flush faces or red in the chest area as their heats beat faster drawing more blood to these areas. What is not seen is the fullness of the labia or often erection fo the nipple area, when undressed the nipples will become dark as will the labia, so it's an instinctual way to attract the opposite sex. It's part of color psychology.

• Interesting..

• Now keep in mind some people have rosethia I think that's how you spell it, and have natural blotches on their cheeks that's not a cue.

• Women often wore blush for the same reason, not just lipstick or red colored clothing. Men attract women best in blue, as blue is a color of trust. Watch politicians you'll see it.

• Not exactly for me. For example, red lipstick is so meh for me, buutt Pink Lipstick? OMGGG
    I loveeee Pink lipstick. I think for me, Pink is the "red" in this context.

• Doesn't make any difference to me. I look at her physically and her personality. Clothes don't matter at all to me.

• Not at all. It does attract attention but in the same way as if you're running around with your butt on fire. @rescuemyheart however is correct about the hair color. Red hair is incredibly sexy. Red clothes? Meh.

• Red is my second sexiest color after black.

• I do like red yes, but clothes isn't everything I mean if you were ugly red still wouldn't help you.

• No, not at all. It's a bright color so it will catch the eye, but it doesn't make her more sexually appealing. There are certain colors that make a girl seem more girly/feminine which can help with sexual appeal in my opinion.

• It kinda is but chick gotta be hot too doe lol

• Red= Sexual attraction?

No, I don't think so..

• Most of the time a red dress draws my attention in a positive way. But red lipstick is a hit or miss. Some girls just don't look spectacular in red lipstick. Others do.

• If I find the girl attractive I find her attractive and that's it. Maybe the red thing has to do with eating red meat? Lol like a rare steak rather than well done?

• I have voted option B. My thought is said on your opinion too.

• No lol.

• I think red just sticks out more. I wouldn't say it determines attractiveness, although I like when my girlfriend wears red lipstick.

• Lol wait wait I thought this was for restaurants

And actually black really does it well!

• Heck yes. Red is a hot color.

• I love red so much. Its a color that describes my personality and it's my all time favorite color.

• Depends on the girl, red lingerie is nice though

• yes it is very true!

• Redheads.

• nope

• It's true to me. I seem to be more attracted to a woman when she's wearing red lipstick, nail polish, and lingerie.

• My eyes are more drawn to them but I not attracted to either one of these photos

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• science says yes because of this:
    www.popsci.com/.../macaqueblack.jpg
    It signals fertility

• I think it's more attractive. I like guys in red. A t shirt... =)

• I actually think there us some truth in that. When I dyed my hair red it struck me that it has very sexual vibes to it which I like!

• I'm surprised a lot of guys chose no. But it's actually pretty cool because colors send subliminal triggers to all our brains, and red is one that usually sends a more aggressive, so red should make one more sexually aggressive towards a women when she is wearing it, I'd think anyways. Could be wrong there.

• red is hot but not on fat girls