Women/men, beards or no beards?

I know women tend to be divided about this, so I thought it would be fun to get people's opinions about this.
Guys, you can answer this as well. If you have a beard, do you like it? If not, why don't you want one? Or if you are into men, what do you like about guys with beards?

PS: I have a scruffy face myself :D

• Yes please!
  • No thank you!
The women seem to be kinda leading towards no beards. Even though the guys seem to like them, interesting :p

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally like scruff. If you're beard is duck dynasty like, I'm not into it. But if it's a beard of normal length, I like it. Also, I wasn't suprised one bit by this poll. Of course men would choose beards. It's a lot less work for them to have them. This is an example of the kind of beard I would like. But no beards is great too. I guess I just like men haha :) i.ytimg.com/vi/HbXsPpfo67c/maxresdefault.jpg

• I don't think most men choose to have beards because it is easier than shaving everyday. It is an advantage, sure. But I think most guys like the look of a beard, and also it's kind of a fashionable thing now.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• I personally don't like beards. I like clean-shaven and my partner looks pretty great with some stubble but I don't tend to like any more than that. Some people look good with them, it's just not generally my thing.

• I prefer smooth especially if I'm kissing the guy. Otherwise it hurst. Some guys look hot with a little scruff but I abhor beards on basically every guy. They just look lazy and dirty and old.

• It doesn't have to hurt, if a proper length it should be soft actually. Also when properly trimmed and stuff I personally think it can look very tidy and manly :) but to each his/her own ofcourse!

• Not a huge beard, but some stubble can be sexy.

• It's hot but not too much... Probably something like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/PpytJ90.jpg

• I love a well kempt beard.

• Well kempt is the key :), if I am lazy on the grooming part I start to look like I'm homeless haha

• Full beards? No. Scruffy beards? Yes please.

• Honestly depends on the person the guy I like has a little scruffy beard on his chin and I keep wanting to touch it cuz it's adorable. But some people look better without.

• shaven or stubble. I don't find beards typically attractive.

• I'm not really into beards. I prefer clean shaven.

• I'm not a big fan of full beards but stubble is great, I love it

• Clean shaven although some men look better with a beard.

• I personally do not like beards. As long as it is cleanly shaven or there is a little stubble that is fine. Some girls like them and some don't.

• D00d if you care about your beard so much your partner's probably jealous

• Yeah seriously? A personal attack because I'm curious about the amount of people who like beards?

• Sorry if you took it offensively. Just that it's the same with some chicks paying more attention to their hair than their boyfriends. Each to their own.

• no, please no. That's ugly

• A lot of people seem to disagree with you though.

• Madam! YES, MADAM!

• good boy

• It depends on the look you are going for.. Goatees are gross in my opinion, but if you are dressihg nicely (dress shirt and pants, tux..) have a clean shave or a smooth 5 o'clock shadow. If you are goig rugged, go for it, but keep it no longer than half an inch. And please.. To all guys.. NO DAMN NECK-BEARDS YOU KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

• Meh, to each his own right? I don't like the neckbeard thing either, but I guess some people do, so I say let them.

• I'm okay with it either way. Currently, I find clean-shaven faces more attractive, but I'll probably enjoy beards when I am older.

• Few day stubble is 👌

What Guys Said 11

• I love it, what little of it there is. I can't think of a single guy who doesn't look better with some scruff, although only a few people can pull off the full mountain man.

• Yeah I think it also really changes the way someone looks, you know? Sometimes I see these pictures online of a guy with and without beard, and they go from "man" to "boy" sometimes haha.

• Yeah, even the 10 day stubble makes a huge difference. I don't even have the genetics to do it properly and it looks better than clean shaven.

• I fortunately do, I have a full beard and I turn 22 next month. But some friends of mine just have patches, it's weird how much that can vary between men.

• I go from clean shaven to stubble... once my stubble starts turning into a beard I shave it all off and restart the cycle. :-P

• I had a huge big Beard at one time with a crew cut people thought I looked like a Swedish Viking

• 0|2
  • I like beards. I have a short tidy beard. The long hipster beards are a gift to the enemy, if you have to fight someone.

• I do not have nor want a beard. I have a bit of Cherokee blood in me so I don't think I could grow one anyway.

• And why don't you want one? Any specific reason or do you just not like the look of it?

• Both. It's just extra hair to deal with and keep clean. Plus, I'm certain I look a lot better without one than I would with one.

• If I didn't like my beard, I wouldn't have it.

• I prefer my women without beards... but hey times are hard so I can't afford to be fussy! lol

• I don't know man, I really dig the Conchita Wurst look.

• Not sure if a Eurovision song contest winner deserves to be put in the same category as a fascist homicidal deluded racist bellend dictator... but if they insist in giving us "null points" what do they expect? lol

• Beard in the winter, stubble in the summer. 👌🏼
    At least now.

• I grow my beard and I look 32

• Hate it.