I'm a teenage nerd who wants to dress nicer but doesn't know how. Can anyone help?

So like most nerds I wear jeans and a time shirt... But lately I have wanted to wear some nicer clothes but my parents don't really wanna spend too much. I recently bought a cool shirt that makes me look ready for the beach always and I need to keep this trend going but don't know how. Can anyone help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I shop at Ross, TJ Max, and some shady places down in LA. That's how I get nice clothes cheap, people always compliment my style and are surprised I don't shop at those shitty "popular" places like forever 21. People just don't understand that you can buy good clothes without breaking the bank, all you need is taste lol!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• I personally love my leather jacket, it's comfortable and looks really good with T-Shirt and Jeans. You can wear it casually and it'll last you a long time. The one I got was from customjackets online (I'd link but I'm a newb to this website and you need to be level 2 to add links.)

You can wear it open and it'll look casual, while still being quite functional. It's not limited to bikers and punks etc. It's also nice and cozy and you can clip the collar up at the top if you want along with the zips.

My pick on good shoes (casual ones anyway) are Puma Suedes. The material might not be for you but they look cool as all hell and they go great with the same combo of T-Shirt and Jeans. I'm on my second pair, which is saying something cause I'm a guy that usually avoids getting the same shoes twice.

When it comes to tops, I personally prefer Fly53's stuff. I'll wear anything I have usually, and don't really care about branding, but Fly53 make some really eye-catching tops that stand out. Just google 'Fly53 Shirts' and you'll get an idea of the style I go for.

Twisted Jeans are also a really cool addition as they're made from denim, as you would expect, but have the freedom and space of Combats. Big pockets and pretty stylish without looking baggy. You can really go for whatever you like best.

All of this is down to my personal preference however, you might hate this stuff but it's just my taste. I live in Scotland where the fashion is not so different from anywhere else in the West, but some areas in Glasgow seem to be quite hipster and trendy. I don't really buy into that stuff but I wear what I wear because it's unique while still looking casual/not overdressed.

• Get a decent pair of chinos or similar, a few nice button-up shirts or polo shirts (Old Navy, American Eagle, Bluenotes sell em) and maybe some non-sneaker shoes.

www.oldnavy.com/.../...r-fit-shirt-blue-madras.jpg

• Hey. Welcome to the Nerd Corp.
    Anyway. Thrift shops usually have some nice finds.
    There's a YouTube channel called alpha m. , tons of tips for men of all ages. Check him out.

• goodwill. plenty of like new or new with tag clothes to choose from. if you want expensive threads on the cheap, set aside your assumptions and go there and start looking.

• Goodwill man, tis the place to go for cheap ass clothes.

• Polos, or an open button down shirt with a t-shirt underneath. Get some doc-siders of nice/casual shoes.

• Lmaooo

• U should go to American eagle which isn't expensive and have some nice clothes or look for swag clothes in Google and look for a shop