Do you like my new tattoo? (Links)

I've always been obsessed with stars and quotes having to do with stars. Eventually, I'd like to get the stars colored in - probably pink - and add the quote 'per aspera ad astra' which is Latin for 'through hardships to the stars' somewhere along my side intertwined with this tattoo.

I'm going to Hawaii in SIX days so I figured this would look pretty sweet out on the beach!

=] I love it, and that's all that matters. I just wanted to see what other people thought.

link

link

(I just noticed that the drawstring on the one side of my bikini is untied, I look retarded, oh well haha.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm actually an anti-tattoo guy, though I will say yours is tastefully rendered. By the way, I noticed that the drawstring on one side of your bikini is untied. Are you retarded? ; - )

What Guys Said 4

• It looks good, and the most important thing with a tattoo is that it means something to you and that you enjoy it. If other people like it, that's just gravy.

• The most important thing about a tattoo is the damn thing doesn't wash off. WTF was I thinking! I have to wear long sleeves in the Houston summer because of my damn tattoos.

• Yeah I like it, I think it looks pretty good.

• it looks nice as long as your happy with it that's all what matters.

• its ok suppose, seen better but at least you are happy with it.

What Girls Said 9

• i actually really like it.

• I really like it. It makes me want to get my own tattoo but that will never happen as I'm too much of a wimp. lol. Definitely think that having the colours coloured in would just make it even more pretty.

• I normally don't like tattoos, but the one you have is actually pretty. :)

• yeah I like it

• i like your tattoo

• it's gorgous!

• Whatever lets you sleep at night. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it but I've certainly seen worse, if you like it that is honestly all that matters.

• It's not my cup of tea, but it's good that you're happy with it.

• Personally I don't like it. No shading, no originality, its not even symmetrical. There are thousands of people with bloody stars and they all look terrible. The only people who deserve to get stars are the old Navy boys who have actually earned them.

Why didn't you go for something a bit more original? Personally I'd get it covered over and have gone for a big side piece of old school art. It looks like something you choose straight off the wall. Chances are you'll hate it in a few years.

I have seven tattoos including a full back piece and am currently having work done on my eighth...a half leg sleeve which is covering over my first stupid butterfly tattoo (I was 17 and didn't know any better!) and I'm proud to say I don't have any fecking stars, kanji or tribal..

• What an awful response to someone who explicitly said that the tattoo had specific meaning for her, and also mentioned that she was planning on getting the shading done later on. Yet you still criticized her because it's not what you like. Kudos to you if you have cool tattoos, but it doesn't mean that they're better than anyone else's. It just means that they're right for you.

• Fredo - Well put, and you're right that asking for opinions overall means that opposing views are likely (if not desirable). It was definitely the aggressiveness, elitism and contradiction that was bugging me.

• Actually I could have been a lot more scathing. She asked for an opinion she got one. I see thousands of these terrible designs everyday and I personally I just want to shake anyone who's got bloody stars and ask them what were they thinking?