Help: What should I do for Prom/Formal Hair? (Up vs. Down)?

Hey! I'm not sure whether to wear half up or an updo. My dress has a high neckline; but my hair holds curl really well and I do like it down. I'm going for a romantic, but kind of sultry kind of look.

Here is my dress:Help:  What should i do for Prom/Formal Hair? (Up vs. Down)?another option for half up

another option for updo

• Hair UpHelp:  What should i do for Prom/Formal Hair? (Up vs. Down)?
  • Hair DownHelp:  What should i do for Prom/Formal Hair? (Up vs. Down)?
Also sorry this is kind of a repost. I didn't know you could make polls when I did the original one. I would have deleted it, but you can't do that on here. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Down of course. So much more feminine and more attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're going to be so hot while you're dancing that having your hair down will be a mistake. Besides, sweating will pull the style out, no matter how much they spackle you with hairspray. Keep it up and off your neck so you can dance your little heart out without worry.

What Guys Said 4

• do it how u normally do it..

otherwise your date is gonna see your hair for the first time in whatever style.. and might not like it..

i kno a lot of girls do a good job of making themselves ugly on ball night,... or whatever

• Half and Half looks amazing on my girl, try get some sort of flower look at the back of the hair though, would look better...

• I bet you will look great either way but you only have a couple proms so do what you think will look good. I love your prom dress by the way.

• I personally prefer style A to B out of these two.

What Girls Said 24

• Do it up, it'll look pretty, it'll frame your face and help make you look lighter since you have a full dress.

• I wish I had a better prom experience ):

• either the down or half up! i really like the half up!

• hair all the way up, it's so elegant when there's a high collar with an updo. the half up would drag attention to your hair rather than the face and the dress which can be good if you want that but i would do an updo.

• Definitely hair up.

• wear your hair down

• Hair up. You gotta think practicality. It's gonna be hot in a room full of people dancing.

• Hair up. The picture you see for the poll would go great.

• Half up half down 💖

• I really like putting my hair up, but the hairstyle with the blonde hair looks beautiful. It really just depends on you. Do you look better with your hair behind your back, or do you look nice with hair that frames your face?

• hair down you will be stunning have a good night. do not be pressured to have sex but if you do use condoms

• Thats a rlly pretty dress! I'd go for the half up look :)

• If your dress has a high neckline then you should wear your hair up or there will be too much going on.

• I've never been to prom before tbh... but it looks prettier and more natural when your hair is down.
    What type of hair do you have and how long is it?

• Updo

• Hair down seems good!😊😊

• I think it should be up because of the high neck line.

• Can I suggest a hairstyle?

• half up and just like the photo xx

• down, up is too fancy

• I actually like the hair that the girl in the dress is wearing

• First half up

• It depends on the whether that day. This is my fourth prom, and in 10th grade I made the mistake of having my hair down on a very hot and windy day. The curls came out in less than an hour (waste of $70). Also, keep in mind that you'll be dancing and prom is a very long event (almost 8 hours total) so you want a hairstyle that will last long and be comfortable.

Whatever makes you happy! Up or down works

• Isn't that too fancy? when I go to prom it's was a lot more laid back

• lol yeah its not gonna be exactly like that (my friend is doing it) . I just searched for things on pinterest and ALL of them are like wedding hair pics.

• Ok, cause this hair look really for wedding like you said. I think you should take the hair down