Does this mean my shorts are to big or to little?

When I have shorts on the tend to ride up on my thighs and make me feel so fat. I do have big thighs but I'm a size 7 now and used be a size 11 last summer. So my thighs still rub together and I think it is so annoying to see girls wearing to tight of shorts. Most of my shorts now are still 11s since I'm a broke college kid who has not been able to buy much of anything. My question is if I get size 7 jean shorts will they fit better on my thighs as well. Because my 11 Jean shorts I have plenty of room to pull them out in the front. Sorry for long description and thanks for any help!

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all congratulations for your weight loss journey. Thats quit an accomplishment! I have dealt with having my pants become big and in some instances gotten my pants taken in. But they were more expensive like dress and suit pants for work and I'm not sure if you could do that with shorts. If you know how to sew I would go on YouTube and search for how to take shorts in. If you dont know how to sew you might be able to get it doneby a family member or friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• You definitely need some new clothes, or you could give your old jeans to the tailor to pull in the waist a bit. About thighs rubbing together, it has to do with your body shape. I had that same problem when I was wearing clothes 3 sizes bigger. Now, my thighs rub less, but they still do. I wear shorts that reach past the point where they rub, around the middle of the thighs. Another solution is to put on baby powder, vaseline or a special cream for that purpose.

What Guys Said 1

• i think so that they will fit better but if they are loose you can use a belt

What Girls Said 4

• It depends.
    Sizes are different in shorts i feel like.
    The waist size is the same.
    But suddenly the legs feel a lotttt tighter in shorts.
    I always size up a little when i wear shorts. Because i feel like my normal size pushes all the leg chub out.

• I think it depends more on the cut than the size.

• All that you are going through, I can relate to.

i think the reason the pants ride up is because you most likely have a small waist. That can be easily remedied by asking your tailor to do some work on it or wearing a belt if you can. Seeing that you are a 7 , I think they should fit well but the waist might be lose... depending on your bodyshape.

• The right size would fit better, but maybe wearing a belt would help?