What do you think of people who only wear brand clothes (expensive one) ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think either they've got way too much money and they buy those clothes cause they've got nothing else more interesting they want to do with the money. Or they're insecure and not very intelligent and have as a result of those two things fallen into the fashion industries trap of associating good with expensive. Either way it always just feels like a crutch for those without good aesthetic sense and/or nothing else important going on in thier life. but I rarely judge these people because I rarely notice.

• I'm not knocking expensive clothes. Sometimes they really are great. I just find it pointless for a person to only dress in expensive stuff. Like why pay 30+ bucks for one pair of underwear?

• I'd date her and I'd only think she was superficial if she couldn't wear cheaper clothes on occasions when it would be necessary like hiking or gardening

• Ok, I understand it's cool so

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• Personal choice - It would be lost on me, I wouldn't know if it was expensive or not - I just notice if it looks good or not.

• I don't care really I mean in reality for the most part you can literally find the exact same clothing and quality for way, way cheaper standard brands, really the only thing your paying for is the name.

• That depends on the type of clothing.

T-shirts, jeans, that kind of stuff? Yeah, sure.

Dresses? Leather jackets? Fine men's suits? Shoes? Nope. You TOTALLY get what you pay for, with all of these things.

If I were you -- an early-mid 20's dude -- I'd totally be willing to drop coin on a couple of essential basics. For instance, $250-300 for a pair of classic wingtips from Allen Edmonds (if you go for one of the brown colors, rather than the classic dress black, you could totally wear these with random jeans, too) and $500-800 for a REALLY nice black leather jacket.

Both of these will literally last you for the rest of yr life. You can get the shoes re-soled / re-crafted, and a high-quality leather jacket will actually look *better* as it gets older.

• @redeyemindtricks Except I wasn't at all referring to suits or stuff like that just basic clothes.

I do agree with what you were saying about things like suits and stuff and while I would like to have clothes like that they are just out of my price range besides I already have a 3 piece suit several pairs of dress pants and some rather nice evening jackets and sports jackets. And an Aran Cardigan which you can only get in one place in the world, the Aran islands.

• I do

• Some can afford it, some can't. IDC, not my place to judge.

• I think they usually have good dress sense, (not always) but the vast majority do.

• That they've money 😂 LOL

• they like to wast money, but that's there prerogative to do what the want with it

• stupid plenty of good cheap cloths out there
    I buy what looks good on me whether expensive or cheap

• I assume they are dumb xD or very Superficial at least.

• I don't get why they feel the need to waste their money. It really doesn't bother me, though.

• They can do better things with their money rather than showing people how cool they are 👽

• Would you date them? What would you think if your on a date and she wear expensive clothes? Would you think she's superficial?

• You welcome, follow me you sound like a nice person!

• Ok, I will :)

• What i believe is that when you die you dont take your money with you.. or your expensive clothes.. what you take is the respect that you've earned by selfless acts of kindness.

• buying expensive clothes doesn't mean I'm not kind and a bad person. I like helping people, cook for them and take care of them. It's just I like wear expensive clothes

• Yes thats completely your choice.. if you dont judge people who can't afford expensive clothes and judge people purely on the basis of their personality, in my opinion you ll still be considered a nice person irrespective of your wardrobe choices :)

• Thank you that's nice. I was just afraid that people would think I'm superficial and mean when I'm absolutly not like that. I don't judge people who have less money, I don't judge someone from their look or money.

• i think they waste money, yet i also think that it's something they like so it's not really a waste, our passion may seem a waste of money/time to others, we shouldn't be offended by that.

• They're rich.

• nothing wrong with it

What Girls Said 15

• there's not really anything to judge about that... They got the money so they can spend it how they like.

• Kids at my school had Louis Vuitton pencil cases/ bags/wallets lol I used to find it a bit over and odd, but eh, idc, you do what you want with your money as long as it's legal haha 😛

• I don't give a shit frankly.

• That describes me so I cannot be against it

• Now that I've read a few comments okay to add. My mom grew up in a very poor family and according to her she made sure that I did not take money for granted. She didn't make me do anything but I think she did. I work In the Lighthouse for the Blind help in making mops and at the Brooklyn Jewish home for the elderly. I agree with a lot of people's opinion regarding more expensive clothing. I also will tell you that there are a lot of superficial people who shop at Neiman Marcus Bloomingdale Saks Fifth Avenue. I may say something that I'm sure is arguable. Most of the women who have their nose in the air were over 45.. My ass looks better in Calvin Klein jeans and I don't know why. And my small boobs look better attached to a bra labeled Victoria's Secret. Is it real or is it just how I feel I don't know. I will tell you that I despise people who walk around thinking they are hot shit because their shoes have the label Jimmy Choo.

• I feel the same too. I feel confident when i wear brand.

• Can I have their money?

• if it's expensive and tasteful i'd be appreciative
    if it's expensive and ugly i'd be looking at it in distaste.

• I think everyone should spend the money they earn however they want.

• They carry themselves well.

• I think they are people who have enough money to buy that clothes?

• ehhh i dont really care tbh

• That they have money to buy them, personal choice or like to show off they can afford to buy them

• that they have money so what

• Simple - Their money their choice.

• That they're well-off

• I probably wouldn't even pay attention to the brand.