Business casual work outfit ideas?

I got a new job. I'll be working in an office in a factory.

This is my first Big Girl Job. I'm currently working retail, so I've had a set work uniform.

Suffice to say, apart from my work uniform I only really own leggings and sweatpants and comfy shorts. So I need to go shopping on Sunday for some business casual outfits.

No idea what to get and what to pair with what, etc.

0|0
11|9

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Most office would not have that strict a dress code unless you are meeting external people (other business people or customers) where you may need to dress up a bit like in suits.
    images1.ynet.co.il/.../1_36.jpg
    Otherwise a good rule of thumb is smart casual with the added advantage you can wear it in everyday life outside work
    i.ytimg.com/vi/Yqzqakz53VQ/maxresdefault.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • Pairs of grey/black/cream chinos.
    Knee length pencil skirts, black and grey.
    Tights.
    Oxford shirts in blues/white/pink.
    At least one blazer grey or navy.
    Low, Cuban or medium heeled pumps/smart work flats.

Gives you quite a few options to mix up every day.

Business casual with some glamour and and femininity
    ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31KmprvjB-L.jpg

Less gender specific business casual
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...66c5d0be9d.jpg

If you only want to buy one style, I'd recommend the skirted option and save money on the chinos.

0|0
    0|0
  • Follow Hilary Clinton lead but your younger so go for the younger dress look

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all, CONGRATULATIONS !! This is great news.

Best is to get couple of black pants and some conservative looking shirts. They could be full or lesser sleeves.

You will also need shoes. Often they prefer closed shoes at work.

If you do not want to get tired of pants, you could get a couple of skirts that go at least a palm above your knees.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweater dress with leggings is formal and comfortable. Just dress it up with a belt, and some nice low boots.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pencil Skirts
    Nice Jeans
    Dress Pants
    High Heels
    Boots
    A Blazer
    A Blouse

0|0
    0|0
  • I would allways say go with the black trousers shirt look tipical office wear but what ever u feel comftiable in i supose xx

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• omg congrats darling <3 so happy for u.
    okay well i personally think u should stick to black, white, grey and navy. professional.

u have the legs for both, so go for fitted pants and fitted skirts [knee length].

if ur into blazers or coats, get those too... although i believe it's warming up there, so a simple t shirt will do as well, preferably ones that don't look too casual.

you could even wear a modest dress, with or without tights underneath.

here r some i like/would do:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...fb2c25bab6.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...5f13f9ea68.jpg
    www.startailorphuket.com/.../...-dress-regular.png
    images.express.com/.../new_92_919_8807_015_02
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1f1cdfc440.jpg

i definitely wouldn't do heels everyday. maybe sandals, flats or boots, with a reasonable heel every now and then.

good luck!

0|1
    0|0
  • When it comes to Business, dress pants and pencil skirts are your go to things to wear for the bottom. As for tops you can play around with several things especially if it's for casual work. It doesn't always have to be a buttoned shirt and a blazer. If the weather is warm, I don't recommend a t shirt, wear a blouse instead. I also wouldn't recommend a jean jacket. You want to keep it professional. Jean fabric and t shirts aren't professional.
    scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...80918845_n.png
    Or a tank top like this one
    scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...64470061_n.jpg
    Neutral colors are the preferred colors for Working Girl outfits, but it's okay to wear a non neutral color as long as it's subtle. A good example is dark colors like kaki green.
    scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...15883203_n.jpg
    There other options for tops. A turtle neck shirt and a comfortable coat are by far my favorite.
    scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...87621571_n.jpg
    A nice shirt like this is excellent for work too
    scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...99034811_n.jpg
    To keep it a little more casual maybe you could go for clothes with cotton fabric and don't necessarily wear big high heels. There are various flats you could wear. Espadrilles and moccasins are good choices.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yay girlie! Congrats on getting the job lol!
    Mmm I guess dark blue jeans, some nice blouses and a tailored suit jacket.. With whatever shoes you want to tie it in with

0|0
    0|0
  • This is what I wear
    Shoes-Heels, boots, and loafers
    Skirts-Knee length pencil skirt or leather skirt. Sometimes a shorter skirt.
    Pants-Black dress pants, a nice pair of jeans, and sometimes leather pants
    Shirt/Jacket-A blouse with a blazer or a leather jacket

0|0
    0|0
  • s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...a6c80fe91d.jpg Just wear a nice pencil skirt with a nice tight shirt or blouse, just make sure it's tight, and it's ok to show a little skin babe just not too much. Just play around with styles and see what fits your style best

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh and don't forget to wear your big girl thong! Haha u might need it, welcome to the real world babe, congrats

• black slacks with different blouses use accessories such as scarves and jewelry find nice court shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • Love a white dress shirt with a bright coloured pant/trouser.

0|0
    0|0
  • congratulations xx
    blouse
    knee length skirt or fitted trousers
    heels but not massive ones

get up early so you have time to look your best and go in there with confidence xx

0|0
    0|0
  • A nice-looking chiffon blouse, pretty pencil skirt & blazer would be just about right :-) desk jobs can be boring, so you can pick the above in nice bright colours to bring some colour into the office!

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't go wrong with some black dress pants and nice tops

0|0
    0|0