New eyebrow craze and what guys REALLY think about it?

New new eyebrow craze and what guys REALLY think about it?
Ok guys, I need some good honest opinions here on not only eyebrows, but makeup in general. My step daughter is under the impression that the only way to get anyone to like you is if you wear make up. Mind you she is 13 and her biological mom has given her this idea. I keep trying to tell her that makeup isn't really all a guy sees, but she is so young and so misinformed by her mom. Her dad has said pretty much the same thing as I have as well. He has said that while guys like a girl who is put together, her overall confidence and personality are more important. I hate that this is even a topic for a girl so young, but I was hoping to get some real opinions here. Would LOVE for her to read them so try and keep it tasteful please.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are naturally beautiful, you don't need makeup. I don't mind a tad bit of makeup like some eyeliner or mascara, but again, if you are naturally beautiful, then you don't NEED it.

If you are not naturally beautiful, then no amount of makeup will change that. It may help you lure in an unsuspecting guy, but once he sees the real you, he is probably gonna leave if he was expecting something else. <---its the harsh reality, but i make this point in order to say that makeup is not necessary whether you are a natural beauty or not. All it does is create expectations, mask yourself from people, and yes, its "false advertising".

What's the point in luring in a guy with your makeup if he isn't gonna stay? You are only wasting both his and your time, as well as putting your heart on the line. Instead, use what you have. You don't have to worry about a guy leaving you if you show him your true face from the beginning, and he chooses to date you ANYWAY. There is no room for disappointment if he knows exactly what you look like from the start.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a (very recently turned) 15 year old myself, I don't see anything wrong with it. If she's already taken the mindset that she needs makeup to feel confident, there's not much you can do to change that - it'll be taken as a bit patronizing and she'll be a lot more uncooperative.

Maybe try looking into some things like concealer (so she doesn't start using things like foundation/contouring/setting powder quiiiiite that early), some tinted lip balm, and maybe mascara? It'll make her just that little bit more confident, without caking her face and looking inappropriate. If she's worried about her eyebrows, and she's comfortable with you tweezing them or taking her to a threading place (which hurts, and is expensive, but it is a professional place and will probably make the experience seem more 'real', I don't know. I just got my mom to tweeze mine to keep the shapes even and since then have just been plucking errant hairs on my own), do that instead of letting her wear eyebrow makeup.

Personally (I am a bit older than her) the makeup I wear on a normal school day amounts to some eye bag/pimple concealer (thanks a lot, high school stress, haha), a little foundation to even out the skin/concealer patches, setting powder, mascara, and maybe a tinted lip balm or a smear of lipstick (which, on a school day, I always put lip balm over and dab to make it less bold). Sometimes eyeliner if I'm feeling particularly raunchy lmao ;)))

If it's worth anything, I think the instagram eyebrows look good on camera, but look terrible irl, so you can tell her at least one teenager thinks they're dumb lmao

• good luck btw! I have no idea how parents deal with us hormonally and emotionally unbalanced kids lmao

What Guys Said 4

• Unfortunately it's not just young girls, some older ones believe this to. As a guy, at least for me (and I've never heard any guy talk about them), we could care less about your eyebrows, we don't even look/notice them. If we do it's subtle and not a conscious thought. I also think a lot of women look great without make up, in fact, I think make up is more for making women "feel" attractive then it is for guys. And less is definitely more.

• I would encourage your daughter to want a natural appearance which can be done with light make up as well - Those eyebrows just scream "Manufactured" to me.

• They look like sexy eyebrows.

• Ok so I guess I shouldn't have posted the eyebrows above. I am trying to tell her that it isn't about looking SEXY, but about more than that! She is 13 for crying out loud!!!

• "Trending good looks?" She is 13 years of age, and also happens to be my child. IT MATTERS.

• @ecclesiastes318 What's wrong with trending good looks?

• Painted eyebrows look weird to me. No no. Not attractive. Sorry.

What Girls Said 4

• I am thirteen as well and I personally think makeup is a pretty dumb thing in general (no disrespect to those who wear it). If a guy likes you simply because of the makeup you wear he is shallow and really doesn't like you for you. At the end of the day you take off the makeup and he will be seeing you in your natural state. Your personality, confidence, and attitude are the three main things that will get you through life and with friends. So instead of working on things such as simple and materialistic as appearance I would highly advise amping up the confidence and making sure you have a positive attitude. Some people will go entirely off appearance and may even be negative to those who choose not to accommodate to them but those people are the ones you should ignore in life. If she does seem deadest on makeup I'd advise only letting her take it baby step at a time but don't prohibit it because being a rebellious adolescent she'll most likely counteract you. My friend started wearing eyeline and eyeshade (I think that's what it is called) soon followed by her dating a troublemaker in our grade. Two months later he cheated on her and she almost failed Algebra because she was so hurt. To conclude if your stepdaughter is trying to impress others she should certainly be aware of the dangers and the reputation she makes.
    Hope this helps.

• I don't do anything to my eyebrows because get them waxed a few times a year.

• Other people have asked similar stuff so I suggest a site search.

• Guys these days seem to like pretty girls who are good at makeup.