Do you think it's ridiculous if a 20 year old owns a Hermes Birkin?

Most Helpful Guy

• Also had to google it to know what it was.

There are worse things to waste money on. But unless you're already a multimillionaire, or won it in some kind of lottery, yes it's ridiculous.

What the hell makes those bags so expensive?

What Guys Said 10

• I would think you got some rich parents! Damn like I have a Burberry jacket, so don't get me wrong I totally get the quality-designer thing. But Hermes Birkin... it's just... crazy lmao

• Had to google what it was - Yes totally ridiculous to me for anyone of any age at those prices - It is JUST A BAG

• It just means they are stupid. If you would rather a bag than a vacation, you are not a person I want to talk to.

• *googles Hermes Birkin*

no

• For what i see on google, i dont see any problem... it's a bag.

• He should have owned a bazooka instead of it.

• no why? googled it and it's a purse?

• I didn't know what that was, so probably not ridiculous.

• Yes, because you can buy the same bag - from the same factory for a fraction of the cost

• its ridiculous for any human. but i've seen shopping nutjobs in both genders. i knew a man that bought 800 dollars shoes. craziness is strong with humans.

What Girls Said 9

• I mean, if she (I'm assuming the 20 yro is a she) has the money to buy an Hermes-anything, I don't think there's an issue? They're very nice and durable bags. If she's not as wealthy and could be putting that money towards other stuff, it's probably not a great financial investment, but who am I to judge?

Would I do it? I'm gonna have to say no. But if she's not broke, has been saving up for it, and it makes her happy? More power to her for managing her finances that well.

• I'm too lazy to Google what that is but from the comments I'm gathering it's an expensive handbag.

I think everyone has their thing they spend money on. No one here has a right to say thats ridiculous if they own any luxury item like a big screen TV with surround sound or a Playstation or a sports car etc personally I would never spend a lot of money on a handbag, but I've dropped lots of money on vacations for 5 star hotels and eating out at nice restaurants.

• No I think its amazing!

• Nothing special. I would rather invest in a coach bag. They last for a long time and still look hip and chic

• It's their money so no

• Not if they are rich!

• I don't get why one would pay so much money for a bag

• Personal choice, I think everyone has their little or big hobby they spend their money on. I'd never spend that much money on it but hey, if it makes her happy.

• (I saw the price).
    Yes, sort of. I think buying such an expensive bag is ridiculous at any age, but that's just me.