Dying dark black hair?

I plan on cutting my hair, and growing out my coils. During my hair care journey, I want to have a little fun. How would you dye dark black hair? I was thinking about a honey gold blond, and or burgundy or purple.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your hair will have to be bleached, probably a couple times to strip the color. Then, depending on what color you choose, the stylist will either put color on your hair, or a toner, depending on if you do a a red or burgundy, or blonde. It's probably going to feel pretty damaged for a while after the process is done, and you'll want to deep condition it often, when you wash it. I went from red (colored) to blonde a few months ago and it's taken quite a while to not have frizzy and straw-like hair anymore. Pretty damaging.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• dont even think about going black to blonde. not a good idea. you'd have to bleach it and u might as well bid ur hair care journey goodbye. go for something darker. the burgundy purple sounds good or even a caramel or darker brown if ur into that kind of thing. THEN if u wanna go gradually lighter u can.

• Bright red lol! I love unnatural colors. But if you're not into this, something like this is very cute :
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c74c64b352.jpg
    I don't know what it's called (maybe clear brown)

• I've had ever color pretty much even rainbow it's not hard to pull off something that makes you happy