How can I dress like someone from LA, NYC, or South Beach?

I'm from a small town that has less than 20,000 people. I want to be less country and more flashy. I'm planning to buy a blazer and a v-cut white t-shirt.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear what your wearing now women like that they think your a rich guy

What Girls Said 11

• don't think in terms of cities. Picture yourself in the perfect outfit instead. Then go to a decent shop with a female friend to help you decide what looks best

• Move there?

• You have the business look down. Buy the blazer and the v-cut white t-shirt. Also buy a pair of dress boots.

• Tons of people on Wall Street dress like how you look in your picture. Yes buy the blazer and a v-cut white t-shirt. That's a Southern Cali look.

• Your last question the one with the blazer is a good start. Do you have a pair of skinny jeans, vans, conserves, dress boots, skater shorts, etc?

• Love your suit. The blazer will make you look more handsome for sure. Chelsea boots look good on guys.

• That is totally Californian

• I think country boys are cute. I'm a country girl, but I dress flashy sometimes. Buy a blazer and skinny jeans if you do not own one.

• Oh goodness. Don't dress like a metrosexual. The most important thing is to have the correct balance between looking like you tried TOO hard (aka metrosexual), and looking like you didn't try at all. You want to be casually good-looking, and also make sure your clothes fit your personal body type correctly instead of just following trends.

Here are some photographic examples of some guys I'd say are dressed effortlessly good:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e2f101b101.jpg
    (okay he has buff arms but I could see you in this outfit)

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...760983c55d.jpg

images.swimwear365.co.uk/.../...rts~365791FRSP.jpg

If you want more photographic examples feel free to ask.
    Basically, if you want to be less country that's fine, though I personally think a casual backwoods style is pretty dang hot, but I certainly wouldn't suggest going to the opposite end and dressing "flashy" and "fashionable". I suggest wearing basic clothes that fit you right. Nothing too baggy, nothing tight either, just a nice, relaxed fit.

• LA is super easy, throw flip flops, jeans and a Abercrombie shirt on... And you're good to go. Now NYC is more elegant and depends on the season. Never been to south beach though but I guess similar to LA I'd assume.

• I don't know why you would want to but here's a list of what's popular in NYC (esp amongst hipsters :/)
    Oxfords
    Printed button up
    Solid color cardigan
    Flannel
    Nice fitting chinos
    Skinny jeans that you can cuff
    Boots
    Leather jacket
    Printed tops (floral print if you're feeling bold)

What Guys Said 6

• Just look at a J. Crew catalog man

• LA is pretty casual, unless you're hanging at a Hollywood club or something.

• people from a big city dress in whatever they feel compfortable in without fear of judgement. flip flops, sweatpants, hawaiian shirt, who cares. just dont wear a fedora.

• dress like tommy vercetti

• DO NOT INTENTIONALLY DRESS LIKE A DOUCHEBAG

• By dressing like a pimp - of course

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Pimps-style.jpg