Hs graduation, if you walked?

What did you wear? Do anything special ladies? Hair, nails, tan? How did you celebrate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Generic tips for girls from what I know of high school graduation:
    -- Heels are ok, and most do wear heels. However, be aware you will probably need to go up stairs. While someone may be there to help you, tripping is still not fun. If it is incredibly tough to walk in, I'd suggest against it.

-- Wear some sort of clothing that is still visible even if with a gown on over it. Why? It makes you look nude underneath if you wear clothes the gown covers up. (It is kind of like the same effect if you wear a long t shirt over shorter shorts. It makes it look like one isn't even wearing shorts).

-- As far as hair goes, many tend to do something special. I always found it kind of humorous myself-- if one has curly hair, they straighten it. If one has straight hair, they curl it (or make it wavy). It all depends on what your ideal is a I guess.

-- Nails: Just make sure you can firstly grab your deploma, and secondly shake hands. Know also you will probably be doing stuff after graduation. It is one thing to look nice, but make sure you are reasonably comfortable in doing things like eating cake or such.

-- Tanning: This is a thing that slightly weirds me out. Every time there is an event (prom, homecoming, graduation) a bunch of girls suddenly go from natural colors to oompa loompa orange. I'm guessing this is a result of artificial tanning (spray tanning).
    My advice on this: Tanning isn't particularly necessary. No one will really be thinking to themselves "wow she didn't tan." If you do want to go for it though, be vary cautious you don't go half oompa loompa. It actually makes those people stand out, and not in a good way in my opinion

-- There is usually a reception afterward with cake and stuff I do believe (ran by the school). However, after that, families tend to break up on their own and celebrate. (Family traditions vary). You may have gotten some graduation party invitations too-- some people like to throw parties of their own afterwards. These tend to be your typical socializing/food/entertainment-while-socializing parties.

For me personally, I wore a typical tie, button up shirt, black pants, and dress shoes. Nothing super fancy

What Guys Said 5

• I wore the regular cap and gown. Nothing special but just nice clothes for the dinner afterwards.

• I wore a shirt and. neck tie. And. black pants

• Don't be this chick šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzEalzjQQuU&app=desktop

• It doesn't matte rhwat you wear cause you have to put your gown over it lol

• You're going to be wearing a giant robe, so you really don't need anything other than shoes. . .

What Girls Said 8

• I just did my hair nice and wore a dress under my gown. After it was over my family went for appetizers and drinks.

• During my HS graduation, I wore a floral light pink dress. It was a skater dress. My hair was in thick loose curls and for shoes I wore these nud-ish pink heels. I had a Chanel nĀ°5 lipstick on.
    Everyone had a cap and gown in the color of our school, which is midnight blue. We celebrated it like any High School graduation. It was in a large tent. There was lots of food in the cafeteria which was gone in a matter of seconds lol. Oh man, there were so many people. I couldn't believe that even the track by the soccer field was used as a parking lot.

• I went an all girls high school. We didn't wear caps and gowns. We had to wear white dresses and carry red flowers. It was mad hot that day. I had straightened my hair and it was frizzy poof by the time graduation was over. I had a French manicure. And I'm black so I have a tan year round.

• Cap and gown. At our school the girls wore white and boys purple. Don't know why we wore white when our school colors were purple and gold. You could see right through them, so we have to wear white underneath too. Other than that, hair and makeup as usual. Went out to dinner before to celebrate and then afterwards I went to my uncle's house to help out with my younger cousin's sleepover. My graduation party was the next weekend.

• I wore a green dress that went to my knees and wedges with nude colored nails. I left my hair natural, naturally it's very wavy almost curly. Afterwords I went to dinner with my family.

• I wore my hair straightened. I wore flats
    I wore a dress

• didn't go to my graduation...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more