When you think of plus sized in terms of fashion, what waist size automatically pops into your head?

One of the things that irks my nerves is that if you're not a size 4 and below, you're considered "plus sized". You can be thin and flat as a board whether you exercise your heart out or don't eat, but if you're not in the first four digits, you're not really desirable in the fashion or Hollywood industry. These VS models are gorgeous and I envy them a lot, especially the blonde and they're like 5'9" and a size 0 or 1. But Jennifer Lawrence is tiny and toned, like these girls and the only difference between them are their hip size. And she's considered fat in Hollywood and would have no chance being a VS model and would be in the plus sized modeling section despite her tiny, toned body. So what are your thoughts on this matter?

Most Helpful Guy

• Plus sized for actual clothing maybe size 14.

Plus sized models around size 8 is typical though a 6 is closer to plus size.

They are not the same.

Most Helpful Girl

• I interned in NY for a fashion magazine , so I went NY fashion week twice. And the don't go by body size but clothing size. Really, women and Bitch and moan all day the fashion industry is ran by men and unless they feel pressured to change no one will. I don't envy VS models , they are supermodels, so they are supermodel Size O. They just wear VS ( and we all know that makes you look several sizes bigger ) and they do squats, like they themselves say they aren't naturally built like that. Candice just recently said she wanted to see natural curves on VS runway show. But like I said unless the men running the fashion industry change their mind nothing will change.

What Guys Said 5

• Hmm probably Ashley Graham on the recent S. I. cover, she would be your typical "plus size" body type I think of. So whatever size she is, I'm not sure.

• plus size
    to me is like... 5x

• Is gargantulossal a size?

• At least 40".

• I have no idea about sizes... When I think of plus size models I think of the person, they are usually tall. Chubby arms and thighs.. Flab on the belly.

What Girls Said 8

• I think 6-10 is average range, and 12 bordering on larger, and 14 and up is plus sized. That's just my opinion. I don't really envy them, I'm usually an 8 and I'm okay with how I look, I work out and I'm fit, I'm not SLIM, but I don't particularly want to be. (Even if I was skinny I couldn't be a model cuz I'm 5'5 and that's considered short lol)

• Where are you hearing that sizes over 4 are plus sized? Is that just an American thing or something? We have the same sizing standards here and sizes 10 - 12 or above is what is generally considered to be plus sized. I don't know what waist size that would be exactly. I'm very tall and skinny, and I have to buy pants in the plus size range (12 US usually) just to get the length. But the waist is too big (apparently taller also means fatter).

Women in the fashion industry, like models and such, are often very underweight and unhealthy. The model who you say is 5'9" and size 0 is way too skinny, and that should not be looked upon as an ideal size to be at that height. A woman that height would typically be in the size 6 - 10 range.

• I think size 12- 14 is the last size I would not consider plus size. Once you get to extra large, it adds a work which makes it plus one so that would be plus size to me

• I don't know! Plus!

• What people need to understand is that plus size is a Size of any size that is not fit into the high fashion body size. It has been like this for years so I don't see why all of a sudden people are so sense about it. Plus size does not automatically mean the person is fat. I know plenty of plus Size women who do not get offended over this.

Honestly I think it's just fat women who have a problem with this

• I just find it puzzling and a bit offensive when a person who is not a size 0 or 2 is considered plus sized. I wanted to be a model once before until I saw that my friend, who's a size 4 or 5, very petite and attractive, tried to apply to become a tattoo model. She was gorgeous with gorgeous tattoos, a good complexion, tall, pale and her hair was dyed red and black. She wore piercings that flattered her physique. She was also very slender and 5'9" and she came back in tears when she was told that she was not "thin enough" but could be a plus sized model if she gained more weight to look "curvier".

• Also, as I mentioned also, I wanted to become a model because I love fashion and beauty a lot. I would love to model in a company's clothes and live the luxury life, and working out and eating well is in my regime but I wouldn't make as much money or be as desirable as a size 0 or 1 model. Also, I have to be tall and I'm only 5'1" . I don't see a lot of major models who are not svelte and tall like Candace from VS.

• Hmm.. I don't know.
    I used to watch antm and they had to get rid of a girl who was supposed to be a plus sized modern, but she loss weight.

• Wait... so a size 0 with large hips is considered plus size? I'm confused. I would show a pic of myself but there are too many bullies. 🙈

• i think of waist size of 30 or more