Hair question? May be the girls could help me?

I hate my Highlights. It's straw blonde on jet black hair. My stylist totally went too light. What would happen if i dye my whole head dark red (like maroon or burgundy)? Do you think it would look nicer than these straw-like streaks on my jet black hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why not just dye the highlighted areas a darker color?

That seems better than dyeing your whole head a different color.

• Because i do want some texture and Dimension to my hair. Don't want to go back one color

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea it'll probably darken the highlights. If you don't bleach your hair though the red won't show up on the black portions unless under sunlight. But this probably would solve your issue because you'll darken the parts that are too light so they'll be less contrasting

• Yeah i'm fine with just reddish sheen on the darker areas. But i don't want like orange streaks on dark hair, that's what i'm more afraid of

• Gotcha! Feel free to go with the dark red, it shouldn't turn out orange. Would love to see when you're done btw! Been itching to dye my hair too.

• Thanks! If you want, i can send you a pic later. If it does turn out satisfactory! Haha

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• you could just add a contrasting color to those highlights. Purple or blue, Burgundy.
    What will happen for sure is that if you dye you whole head a new color, the bleached hair will loose that dye faster than the rest, so you will have a difference after a few washes.

• It wouldn't work because the jet black would make it impossible for any other colors to show up. So then you would just have dark red highlights that would barely show up.

You could go with this auburn red to fix the highlights.
    4.bp.blogspot.com/.../garnierredhair.JPG

• But I'm afraid it might look orange on my Highlights... And my hair would be too red?

• When I first colored my hair that color I was a dark blonde, so something around this color.
      s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f53236abce.jpg

and it turned out just like that color. Though if you are that worried, then your probably going to have to strip your hair color and then use another color. Which I did strip my hair color before and put it as that color blonde again. That way while I waited for my natural hair color to grow out. Nobody could tell the difference.

• I LIKE natural color hair.

• i think its safer to get it done by a professional

• It will look weird, you'll have to bleach it all first or else the highlights will always have a lighter shade.

• It will go a soft red, and look not so nice. I've done it before. The burgendy will wash out of the bleach part. No matter where or how you dye your hair /:

• Would there be less contrast between the darker and the lighter areas compared to now (jet black and straw-colored Highlights)?

• Nah. Immediately it will look pretty cool. But after that, it will start washing out and going lighter and lighter till the blonde straw parts look a horrible copper colour. And the more you mess with colours and stuff, the more you're gonna damage your hair. Making it more likely to fall out and break and become brittle and bleh

• The good news is it is a lot easier to go darker than it is to go lighter. Do you have a picture of the hair?

• Do it that would look way better.

• I would say, maybe tone the highlights a different color...