Do only rich people buy Free People clothing?

Seems to me it's so overpriced that only rich folks can afford it... which is extremely ironic since it's all hippie style clothing.

Haha
(Any outlets for the EU customers?)
I wish I could afford it! :((((

• Only rich people, yes.
  • Nah, it's normal paying 170 dollars on a tunic! I mean...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's for fake-boho girls with rich parents. It's pretty common for spoiled kids to be really excited about how not-materialistic they are, which is pretty easy when you don't -actually- have to worry about running out of money or not having healthcare or being screwed in some other way. A fine way of showing how non materialistic you are is wearing a super cute $400 outfit that looks retro-woodstocky for when you and your friends fly down for burning man.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm sure not just rich people, poor people spend money on stupid shit they can't afford too.

its more like people with no sense or financial priorities.

• Really like their deisgns but was NOT impressed with the workmanship for the price. If they were made better they'd be worth it.

• Normal people who have no knowledge in what saving money, can buy those clothes. Just yesterday my sister bought a $450 t-shirt... a fucking t-shirt.

• The only expensive clothes I buy are suits. Here's a secret. Most wealthy people don't normally buy that stuff unless it's for an event... thats how the rich stay... rich ;)

But I'm sure some rich 'celebs' buy that stuff quite often or are paid to wear it by the creators of the dress/suit. I like the first one tho.

• Not just rich. Average too. You just have to be willing to spend all that and not be able
    To spend somewhere else.

All comes down to allocation vs being able to. Now of course if you're at the minimum living expenses income then probably not

• It does seem like many people that are poor or stretching their budgets buy this type of stuff.

• they're so ugly.

• Why are people buying free clothing?
    How did this shiz happen!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• Only rich people, yes.
    P. S I LOVE THEIR BRAND!

• that is not rich quality clothing.. looks like a piece of cloth that will only last just under a year

• Exactly... that's why I don't get the price! O. o

• a lot of the clothing styles in many brands are not wearable for public view or should we even say comfortable at all? It's a joke whoever hired these designers to make season clothing has either have no idea what people really want to buy in the market.

• Or just are bad designers

• Occasionally, I will buy something there if it is for a special occasion. It's not worth it for everyone, because there clothes is so delicate, I just happen to be a fan of hand washing my clothes, so it's that little extra bit of care for such a delicate piece. I do find there clothes expensive, but I find it to also be unique, so it will be a splurge item that I get a decent use out of. But I honestly wouldn't care if this store shut down.

• People with money to throw around. I see the same clothing at Target and I don't even buy it there. I don't see the point of spending 100+ on a shirt. Tbh I don't even see why it is worth that much. Do they donate proceeds to charity or something?

• Free people is so expensive!
    Not my style anyway, but super over priced lol

• I'm a poor af high school student but I still loveee free people! I own the second dress in a floral red lol

• those outfits pictured look flimsy and i bet they're bad quality

• I mean it really depends on your priorities as a person. I knew some girls who won't eat or drink to save money to buy that shirt or that dress.

• I love that dress so much

• Cute but way above what I can afford