Ladies, how do you feel about talking to guys about "women's fashion"?

Are you willing to answer his questions? Ask for his opinion? Share with him what you thinking about buying? Is there anything he needs to understand first before any of this happens?

Ladies, how do you feel about talking to guys about

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, I suppose there's a question behind this question? Or at least... some sort of backstory? Lol. Doesn't seem like the sort of thought that would just occur to you at random.

In any case.
    Yeah, I mean, I'll blab about fashion to ANYONE who's *genuinely interested* in it, for whatever reason. I mean, I was an editorial model once upon a time, and the passion for fashion, it's 4lyf <3

But... I would definitely use a certain amount of discretion, and I'd try to sniff out the reasons WHY the dude was interested.

Like, the WORST-case scenario would be a guy with absolutely no eye for style in general... who didn't *realize* that he had no eye for style in general... and was asking because he wanted to spend lots and lots of money on clothes that he wanted to pick out for a woman himself.
    Or, equally bad, a guy WITH an eye for style... but only for the style (s) that HE appreciates, and not for the style (s) that his WOMAN is into.
    Either of these situations would just be a disaster waiting to happen. So, I'd have to find some, uh, diplomatic way of circumventing that discussion and conveying the message of "No, hon... don't." Ahahahah

On the other hand, I'm married to a man who does custom leatherwork and other one-off designs for a living, so, I don't have those problems. <3 Instead, I have a bunch of exquisitely crafted bespoke pieces in my closet that he's made me for various birthdays and anniversaries.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with being female fashion conscious, in my experience girls LOVE it... to the point you get invited out as "one of the girls" to go shopping with a group of them and people assume you're either the gay friend or the damn pimp.

• What kinds of things have you learned about to be counted on to that level? How did you get asked out for your first "Girls shopping" trip?

• Thanks for MHO, you should simply ask to tag along with as female friend one day, you learn a lot by observing them, the other women in the store and even how the store assistants dress (usually very well).

• I am too embarrassed to ask or that they will think I am just being a creep.

What Girls Said 18

• Yeah sure.. Why not? Does this look good? yeah? okay thanks :-)
    If i like it, I'll buy it.. if not, I won't. it's my choice in the end lol

• What would make it awkward to ask a guy about your choice?
      Should he have a basic understanding of certain things before you would be comfortable asking him things?

• Would you talk about this stuff with just a friend or only your boyfriend?

• With anyone... friend or boyfriend, both.

• Sure, of course. But I know very little about fashion myself and I don't really care about current trends so he's not going to learn much from me.

• If he has a good and more importantly (!) similar taste in fashion, sure! But I unfortunately don't find this to be the case a lot.. And if they do they are more often gay than not 😛

• What would you do if he just wanted to understand why you pick certain items?

• So if you are walking around a JCPenney or something like that. And you went by the bra sections would you avoid it all together or stop for a quick second and then move on?

• No I would avoid that

• There are a lot of men who have created the most popular women fashion brands so talking to men about it is not an issue

• if he is interested I would talk to him about it

• Do you mean your boyfriend only or any guy that you know and call a friend?

• What is the process like for you when you are trying to figure out a new dress you want to buy?

• I avoid clothes shopping for me but can style my friends with ease

• Whenever he has a fashion question and I do my best give the best reply :)

• It depends who the guy is

• So what would be acceptable circumstances and what would you do?

• When you say friend do you mean like BFF for the last 5 years or any kind of friend?

• Any guy that I at least have known for like a month or so and we talk and stuff

• It's just fashion he may not understand but he's asking and that's fine if someone' wants to know.

• What kinds of questions would you be willing to answer for him? Is there anything you don't want to share with him?

• I think it's pretty cool. But don't over do it

• What would be an example of him overdoing it in your opinion?

• I mean giving your opinion when asked for it is great but if you keep stating your opinion in a sense that it seems overly important to you; which I personally find annoying

• I prefer to get his opinion.

• So if he asks why you picked out the dress you are wearing what would you say?

• if he dresses well himself then why not

• What if he just wants to understand how some women go shopping so that he can figure out what to say when he goes with a future gf?

• what I'd think they would be bored af

• Yeah sure
    I would talk to anyone about fashion as me and my friends love it !!
    But it's a bit of a random question
    Why did you ask?

• Nope. Not into talking about those stuff.

• Are you not into the fashion stuff in general or find it weird to talk to guys about it?

• Is it irritating cause he is clueless or is it something else? Help me understand what you think about this.

• not because he is clueless but because I just find it irritating to talk to guys about topics like this. I would rather talk about something else.

• I have a really cool gay friend I love talking too 😘

• Those stock photos make me uncomfortable, they're weird. This is a weird question.

• WTB a manly man

• Do you think a manly man would ask questions or know about this stuff?

• So if the question was "How do you feel about guys talking about shopping with you?" Would you answer in a different way?

• if the question was just this i would answer the same because it implies that there is a guy who talks often etc about shopping and fashion, still not my kind of man. BUT if you was saying more like "sometimes" or "in order to get nice clothes together " or "so he can get you a present" or whatever ti imply that is not doing it all the time then sure i would answer different. All that for relationship, it it was about a friend i would also answer different.

• I already had one boyfriend who wanted to dictate what I could and couldn't wear... I don't think I want to go through that again.

• Where could the line be drawn between asking if he likes it versus him telling you to wear it?

The other part of this is if you were to talk to a guy who is just a friend and ask his opinion. I realize that a man dictating what you wear is not signs of a healthy relationship.

• It'd depend on the guy, maybe. My ex in question tried to control everything that I did. There's a fine line between making him happy and being treated like his living doll more than a person.

• I totally get your point.

I want to be able to give my input to her and then be surprised if she buys it for me. I just hope my "excitement" for an outfit doesn't make her think she HAS To buy it.

What Guys Said 1

• I like fashion but girls take too long to decide

• What part do you like about their fashion? Is it taking forever for you because you aren't doing anything? Would you like it more if they talked about it more with you?

• I think that it takes too long becase im not doin anything