piercings and tattoos?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're considering getting tattoos and piercings you shouldn't be asking this question of others, only yourself.

How do you feel about them?

If you think that you would look better with piercings and tattoos or you think you would feel better with them, then by all means my advice is go for it.

Just keep in mind that most piercings you can let grow back in so they really aren't that permanent. Just beware of facial piercings, those can be tricky. And prospective jobs will discriminate against you and make you take your piercings out because they look professional. Just something to keep in mind since you're under 18.

And nearly all jobs want your tattoos to not be visible during work hours. I have two tattoos that are easily concealable (one above my right hip and one between my shoulderblades). My advice is get a tattoo that will be meaningful to you, since it is permanent you're going to always want to remember the motive behind your body art.

Tattoos and piercings aren't for everyone. Some people like them on others but would never consider them for themselves. Others love tattoos and piercings and consider their body a work of art with all of their embellishments.

In the end, it all boils down to what you think about them,

Good luck.

• They look unprofessional*

What Guys Said 8

• Piercings are fine. Too many are bad. Some on the ears are alright.

On the nose it sometimes makes it look like you have a mole or a zit.

Earrings are good.

The thing about tattoos is this.

It makes someone look "bad" or "tough" . Which is why many women like them. on MEN.

It portrays the bad boy image. But as for women you should not get them.

There is a reason why Megan fox, (arguably one of the hottest women ever) had a billboard made of her and they airbrushed the tattoos out. Why? because women look better, more girly and more pure without them.

Women should not look like they just came out of prison. They should not look trashy.

This does not say that some guys won't have sex or date trashy looking women with tons of tattoos, cause we will. Heck, I'm one of them. But that's not what we prefer. We don't like you -because- of your tats. Men like women more for their t*ts, not their tats.

Guys on the other hand... that's fine. Because now all you need is a motorcycle and a leather jacket, which means some women are going to swoon.

Men like women to be silky, pure and smooth free of imperfections. I don't think I've ever seen a perfect drawing, a perfect painting, much less a perfect tattoo.

• Er you obviously aren't looking in the right places then.

• The truth is that based off a pole, based off the advertisers, people thought Megan Fox looked better without them. That's a fact. Come to your own conclusions.

• Me I think tattoos wth color on girls are pretty hot

• You! Branded! = Too young.. (gotcha good f***er...)

When they are used in a way of self expression..I find them attractive..but I raise a questioning eyebrow to anyone under 20 that had nonear piercings or tattoos. Its what I tell my sister anyways...If you live at home...Don't do it..if you Live under your own means ...free rain at whatever you want to do...reason why to follow that? ...when you live at home...your not the boss. Live on your own...you get to make mistakes..and ahve to deal with them..

Hope this helps.

-zing

• piercings are cool...im not about the big huge hole earings or whatever emo kids are doing...thats just stupid...i mean whose going to get a real job with huge holes in their ear unless they are in a band...tattoos are OK, but it depends on the meaning behind it, I can respect someone who has tattoos with meaning, but something random is just dumb. I oerfect girls with like quotes or sayings or in memory of, not like tats all over and mad colorful...i don't know that's just me

• I agree with the gauges being gross haha. and I think some tattoos even with a meaning might be a little lame

• Yeah they could be, but with meaning...it, well, MEANS something lol instead of like barbed wire...or like something stupid

• I like a girl with no tattoos and just her ears pierced... plus if you want to be different thse days, it won't cost you anything.

• depends on the piercing I guess, tattoos, eh I've seen some nice tattoos but overall most are junk (sorry ladies), there's stile a stigma with tattoos as well, a good way to get labeled as lower class (or low life) on a first impression, even I fall victim to that sometimes still (just being honest).

• I only think a stud on the nose is all someone needs, to much and the girl looks kinda like a punk... but that can still be hott

• I lke them both, just no tats on the face.

• Piercings can be removed easily, tattoos are a little more difficult unless you use the infinity ink which is designed to be removed with fewer laser treatments.

Dont get a tattoo of a kitten on your but it can grow into a tiger.

• Hahahaha

• That ink is bullsh*t inmo, a tattoo is supposed to be forever. If think you should use ink that helps it be removed in case you want it removed, don't get the f***ing tattoo.

What Girls Said 17

• I love piercings and tattoos. Depending on what a person has of course. I have 6 tattoos and 13 piercings, which may seem excessive to most people, but my tattoos all mean something to me, and if I get tired of the piercings, I can always take them out. But my tattoos are part of my self expression. I haven't met anyone with the same tattoos that I have, and that makes me feel like I'm more of an original. I've been asserting my independence through my tattoos and piercings, and my self expression has come along with it.

But again, it all depends on what a person has as to whether or not I'll like it. If it's something meaningful and important to you, then that's what makes a tattoo sexy.

• tattoos=yes piercings=a little

Both together just looks gross.There's always something hot about a little tattoos.

• I love eye brow peircings, I was thinking of getting a paw prints tattoo in the summer, don't know yet lol.

• Honestly, I don't like tats on guys...piercings are fine but only if they're in the ear. I just like guys who look more professional. But if I met a nice guy with a tatto I wouldn't not date him just because of the tattoos lol

• Personally, I already have my ears pierced. The only other piercing I would consider getting is my bellybutton. And since I'm a model, I'm very reluctant to even do that.

I'm just not a fan of a lot of piercings, and I think tattoos tend to look trashy.

• i think they are really sexy. but not too much. I like nipple piercings on men, tongue piercing are very entertaining between both sets of lips, tats are just sexy, but again not too much nothing on the face, but arms legs body all good, just so longs as he isn't 100% covered or close to it. lol

eye brow peircings are cute too.

• tattoos over the ass are sexy and piercings on the belly, ear,nose and eyebrows are cool :)!

• mostly attractive, but it depends always

• piercings and tattoos are hot I have 7 piercings and I'm getting my first tattoo in two weeks for my 18th birthday I'm so excited.

when a guy has tattoos and piercing OMG so hott, I have a guy friend that has his belly button pierced and he is straight its so f***in hott

• i have 3 very small tattoos and 6 peircings it was very personal to me and if you are thinking of doing these things you have to think hard about it... I know a lot of people think that peircings are something you can take out if you want and then they are gona but trust me scars are there forever (I would know) tattoos needless to say take a lot of thinking about and you really should get something that means a lot to you =]

• i think there f*(*** amazing and you should get one :)

• Piercings can be hot on some guys~ :P

I'm not a fan of tattoos though.

• To me, it a form of art.

• i don't like them. I think they're trashy and stupid

• Tattoos= I personally like them but depends where

Piercings= again depends where, but I don't think they're too bad

• Go with your style... I have tats and piercings and they suit me well... my friend however thinks they would look silly on her. If you want them - go ahead :) people who know you will accept them as part of you, those that don't shouldnt matter

• Personally I love them but then I am biased, given that I did used to work as an alternative model. I have a full back piece, my wrists, my ankle and the whole of my stomach done, plus four facial piercings - labret, medusa, frowny and nose (which unfortunately fell out and I never replaced after having my nose pierced three times prior to that) and two dermal anchors in my stomach.

Sadly a lot of tattoos do get a lot of bad press because people are too ignorant to get a decent design. Usually its something done on a whim and admittedly I'm guilty of this crime (it was my first tattoo and I didn't know any better, but luckily I had a fantastic artist who steered me in a better direction).

Hardly any of my tattoos have a meaning (except for the Nautical ones I'm planning but I won't get them until I'm a fully fledged WREN as I haven't **EARNED** them yet, look up sailor/nautical/navy tattoos if you wanna know why) I mainly got them just because I liked the look of them.

Most people don't consider line and form when choosing a tattoo and just bung it anywhere which can look terrible. Placement is a big consideration, especially when getting a large piece, and unfortunately I see a lot of tattoos that don't fit for that particular part of the body.

Saying that I am a total tattoo snob, and can't bear to see anyone with stars, kanji, tribal, lillies and script. However I'm a sucker for original designs and love pouring over magazines such as Skin Deep and Bizarre and going to tattoo conventions just to check out all the different artists and styles.

It is a matter of opinion, but personally I feel that if someone has taken the time to consider the placement and design of their tattoo it can look absolutely stunning. Same applies for piercings, enhance not dominate is the key...