Is redhair unattractive?

So my boyfriend hates my redhair! We've been together almost 8 years and he's always seen me with blonde highlights (to start) and then after years of highlighting it, it went blonde all the way. I got sick of paying almost $80 every month an 1/2 to fix my roots. So I went natural. I just started loving my hair; I had a bad childhood with being a redhead (that's why I went blonde) but he looks at me like it's gross and tells me I need to go back blonde. He actually had the nerve to ask me if I didn't care about my appearance anymore. He's even willing to pay for me to go back blonde because he hate's it so much. I mean is redhair really that ugly in a guy's view. Be honest.. It won't hurt my feelings, I hear it everyday at home lol. I know he loves me. He tells me I'm pretty, but he also tells me I look better blonde. I don't really have freckles, they're mostly on my arms. He doesn't complain about them, or my green eyes, he just hates my hair!! Help lol...

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if you think it is cuz it's your view to the world that makes you who you are and how people perceive you

Most Helpful Girl

• As a natural redhead I understand wanting to change your hair color cause I have had my hair almost every color under the sun however I have noticed a lot of guys and girls hit on me more as a redhead than when I had my hair black for example. If he is so crazy about your hair color then find a new man! Red hair isn't ugly its just a rare color. People I think are used to the question which is hotter blonde or brunette yet they leave out red head and while we all have a preference there are many colors of hair that we are all born with. That boyfriend of yours sounds like he doesn't love you for you, that is YOUR hair color. some things we can change but its a pain and gets expensive. its up to you because its your body, to stay as your natural red or go back to being blonde but if you love your hair leave it be. Its your scalp not his that is taking the chemicals from the dye.

• You're right, I get looked at more now, than being blonde. I read an article a while back who messed her redhair up because she dyed it so much. When she decided to grow it out natural again the chemicals messed her scalp up so bad, that she would never be a redhead again :( that's another reason why I wanted to stop. 7 years was too long and her story kinda freaked me out.

• Yeah a lot of jobs are strict. Your hair sounds pretty. And he doesn't like it? Thats nuts!
      My hair is dyed dark red with black underneath (sometimes I can't decided what color I want lol)

• Sounds pretty :) Lol, we women don't know what we want lol, and no he doesn't. He's a party pooper.

What Guys Said 28

• Red hair is beautiful. I have always loved red hair!

• LMAO fuck yo boyfriend since #Redhair seems to be the most "loved" hair color of all in most people's minds or at least in my books <3

• love girls with red hair. he needs to love you for you and not your hair color. simple as that

• So... he doesn't like you for you then is what you're saying. Looks matter that much to him? It's fake his interest in you then because red is your natural color right? You're going to dye your hair for the rest of your life just for him? That's the real issue here. Did he really not know that was your natural color for 8 years!!! ? Wow.
    But to answer, most guys love red hair but all guys have preferences, some I'm sure (like your bf) don't like it. If you left him you'd have no trouble finding another guy WITH your natural hair color. Redheaded guys (like me) on the other hand have it far worse! lol

• Yes he knew I was naturally red, I don't think he thought I'd ever go back red thou. And now that I am a redhead again he jokes around about it.. I can hold a tan really well (for a redhead) and always had it blonde... Now he looks at me different.

• I have a good bit of (girl) friends who date redheaded men.. And they wished they had redhair themselves lol. We're special :)

• How... the... FFFFFFFFF... would someone NOT like redheads?
    Look, most guys love Gingers... soul-less or not. (Sorry just had to get it out of my system)

Fuck him... fuck him right in the ear... keep it natural... keep it ginger... the fuck's wrong with him?

• Wtf...
    I was born a redhead but then went naturally blonde. I find redheads so fucking hot, your man needs a better perspective or gtfo.

• Green eyes and red hair sounds attractive - keep it. It's his loss.

• Ikr.. I'm like Christmas all year round, lol and I'm southern so that's like icing on the cake lol!!

• I love redheads. Its a beautiful colour with pale skin. I gotta admit i wasn't a fan when i was younger but now i think its lovely

• Red hair is amazing on women. Huge turn on for me. If the dude loved you like he says it would be a non issue.

• Red hair is best hair.

• I like blondes more, but some redheads are hot!!

• It's very hot. I also notice that a lot of redheads tend to have big boobs.

• Redheads are the best.

• He sounds like a fuckwit.. red hair is awesome.! P. S people who have a gene in them that gives them red hair are genetically superior than others who dont.. you will not get sick as much and will live longer.! ;)

• I like darker red hair but bright red hair I don't find very attractive

• lol I literally just found this random chick. I've never seen this vid before today.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc

• I like red hair.

• Nothing wrong with red hair, there are some hot redheads out there!

• I like Eva Marie & she has red hair

• Not at all.

• Nooooooooo, i love redheads, best hair color ever, so cute

• Personally i find red hair hotter than blonde hair.

But I -understand- his reaction. Because if i started dating a natural blonde who died her hair red, and then she let it go natural? I'd be really disappointed. And i'd half feel guilty for caring, and i'd half feel hurt that she didn't care about trying to attract me.

Hair matters a lot to men. It just does.

• Yeah I can understand that. It's not that he's mean to me or anything, and it's true, he's always seen me blonde. I honestly don't think he even paid attention to my natural color because, unlike most redhead I can get a tan... So I don't think he thought about it until it started growing out lol.

• I like redheads.

• Yes it is ugly. That is why most girls with red hair are either super hot, or really ugly. Super hot girls can look good with any color hair. The majority of girls can not pull off any color of hair. That is why there are so few average looking girls with red hair. An average looking girl can't pull off the look of having red hair.

• Bitch the fuck Red hair isn't ugly? The hell? It's the rarest hair color on the planet, it shines like polished copper in the sunlight, and takes the longest of all hair colors to gray. It is a fucking GIFT TO BEHOLD. I am a ginger, I consider myself average and I think I fucking rock my hair.

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" isn't it? Why should i care if you think my foul mouth isn't attractive? And tf you're my dad's age, why would I care?

• @ugh-why You are the one getting upset with me for my preference. Clearly you do care about what I find attractive or it wouldn't have bothered you. Besides my point about foul mouthed girls wasn't just about me. People in general aren't attracted to people that swear as much as you seem to, and over nothing more than not agreeing with another person's taste in hair color. If you are that easy to set off, then your personality will be very unattractive to the majority of people. Cussing like a sailor is a bad habit to get into and makes everyone look bad when they do it.

No one here is bullying people with red hair. I was asked what I thought, so I told her my honest opinion. If I wasn't asked then i would have kept my opinion to myself.

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• Alright. Listen chica. I'm gonna drop some Luce advice on ya.

Just... don't. It's your hair. If he doesn't like the fact that you have red hair then he can go fuck himself. Red hair is gorgeous and I would kill to have naturally red hair. I'm actually planning on dying my hair red over the summer before I go back to school. If you feel confident as a red head (not taking into account how your boyfriend's comments make you feel about it) then it doesn't matter what he thinks or what anyone else thinks. If you like your red hair and don't want to spend that much money on keeping it blonde then that's your choice.

But do keep an eye out. The fact that your boyfriend is telling you that he likes you better blonde is a potential red flag. If it's making you feel less confident in yourself then it definitely is. And if that's the case you need to sit down and talk with him about how it's making you feel and how you need it to stop. If he doesn't understand or just keeps pressing then I think you may have a problem on your hands.

• Oh yes, we've talked about it before. He always makes his words sound "nice" and jokes about it. I've done told him I'm not going back blonde. It's so crazy to keep up, and I do like it now compared to how I felt about it before. If he's really that selfish to leave or something over my hair color, especially after 8 years together, he can go find a blonde lol.

• That was a beatufil sermon Luce 😂 I've got natural red hair and I love it If dis boi dont like it than kick dat ass to the curbbb A good guy would worship you regardless of what color your hair is

• @ugh-why Haha! I think red hair is one of the most beautiful things in the world. It's the absolute rarest hair color out there because the gene for it is so recessive. In my opinion, that makes it all the more beautiful.

• Red Hair isn't ugly at all, sounds like you should break up with your boyfriend. Doesn't seem like he's into how you really look.

• I think breaking up with him is just as petty as him hating her natural red hair. It's a stupid reason for people to break up over.

• It's a shame that has to be a dealbreaker.

• @ChromAzonyx108 That is a really dumb reason to let it ruin a relationship.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkbawBBj6_0

Gingers have souls an they are Beautiful unless they are creepy indoor 29 year olds living with parents

• No. You're the unicorn of hair colors. Be proud of it. Dump this ungrateful dolt. There are many men that worship redheads.

• Wow what an asshole.
    If he wants a blonde chick he should get a blonde chick. What was he expecting?
    He doesn't need to go this far so I would leave him if all he cares about is your appearance and not your happiness.

• Red hair is beautiful! I'm going to the salon today to dye my hair red. Your boyfriend is being a jerk. If it bothers him that much, then it's time to find a new boyfriend who can appreciate your naturally beautiful hair color.

• red hair is amazing.

• It's his problem, then.. Red hair is very attractive to most people. I have no idea what he has against it, but I think it's great you're going back to red. Simply ask him why he doesn't like it.

• He's just that person thats stuck on one thing. Blonde is just his symbol of beauty I guess.

Yes I haven't been my ginger self in so long. I've missed it honestly. I should Cherish it more. I'm the only redhead in my family on both side. We're mostly Cherokee.. I somehow got the long line of Irish roots from way back when lol.

• That's really cool, though! (the history) I have no idea why guys can get so picky about simple things like a perosn's natural hair color, but if you like it, that's wonderful!

• Some people a just stubborn lol.

• Depends on the tone

• Nope.

• If your ok with it tell him he better get used to it.

• Lol I already have :)

• LMAO hahahahaha Don't be to hard on the guy he'll come around I'm sure.

• Lol I hope so.

• Wtf I'm a ginger too and I fucking love my hair. If your man has such a distaste for it that he would offer to pay for you going blonde again, then tell him to shove it. It is part of you and your personality. If he insults it then he ---probably--- isn't that great of a guy :/ there are tons of fish in the sea who would cherish those copper locks as much as you should

• I know I love my hair too!! That's why I was shocked when he said that to me. I think I'm nice looking.. I'm fit from being a gymnast all my life and I like to feel like a girl an do my makeup and hair... Kinda hurt when he said it.. He never said it was over because I wouldn't dye my hair back, he just won't shut up about it.

• Be your confident, beautiful, ginger self and if he has a problem he can go find himself another blonde

• Yes ma'am, amen lol!