Does what a woman's wearing matter?

Okay well I'm a chick who likes to wear kinda baggy pants and t-shirts. I also tend to wear a lot of black and my favorite pair of black boots. Most guys find me very weird, and I guess unattractive. Does clothing really matter on how a man is attracted to a woman?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see anything wrong with how you dress, just keep in mind for initial attraction that guys are visual first then they tend to engage in your personality, so do try to reflect your personality in your clothing. You seem to be a very deep person, black is often worn as a statement of power to ward off interested people. Don't over think it, try to relax and enjoy yourself and just being you.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're just a tomboy, maybe alternative... and that's cool. You just need to find an artsy or music loving dude! He will like you no matter what you are wearing!! Guys might not see this look as flattering... they like tight/dressy clothes... sometimes. But... what about a pin-up skull black dress from HotTopic/ combat boots which would be YOU... and more form fitting! Rock on!!

• I actually have a few dark dresses and new pair of combat boots. Thanks!

• Oh tats! Awesome! I'm trying to figure out what I want for a tat, and I'm debating on where it should be

• :) I have a HUGE floral garter tat (thigh) a medium size seashell w/black pearl (collarbone/shoulder) and a memorial piece with a butterfly and flowers (back shoulder)!!

What Guys Said 9

• It shouldn't but it absolutely does. If you want the guys to notice in a positive way, first thing is give up the boots. Then ask your girlfriends for some advice.

• Um all my girlfriends I only have 4 and they're all goth, retro, and tom-boys lol. I have a lot of guy friends if anything

• If you want guys to notice, dress in a way that highlights and emphasizes your best traits physically. If you have a great bubble butt, wear yoga pants and others that show off your ass. Be open to approaches by smiling a lot, keeping your body language open, and being as approachable as you can.

• Yes, it does... a lot. Finding someone attractive is all about the looks, so you can't find one person attractive when the clothes they wear don't compliment their body.
    Yeah yeah, we know, you can wear whatever you want, no one is telling you to change, but that's not the best way to get guys.
    The way a guy dresses also matters a lot.

• Someone's style can make them more attractive or less. For some people, it's not as big of a deal. Personally, I like it when women are more well-dressed.

• Your style, how you carry yourself is absolutely critical yeah.
    Confident, feminine, attractive women get dated

• most normal people are attracted to people they can relate to, other normal people.

i'm sure there's some goth or emo guys out there for you.. or whatever that looks is called nowadays

• I do not know about rest of the guys, but my favorite girls are ones that are girly tomboys. Ones that can dress flashy sometimes and other times dress how you dress.

• Yes it matters you can look like a different person with sired weeny clothes on

• Yes it plays a huge factor

• Yes.

What Girls Said 13

• If you like your style? Don't change it for anyone! especially not a guy. There will be a guy who likes you and the clothes are either right for him or they won't matter. Be comfortable and know who you are, don't change for guys to notice you. Be more confident and it'll work :)

• Yes clothing makes a big difference! I noticed when I wear something baggy, I don't get as much attention like I do when I wear a mini dress or an outfit that hugs my curves. This is why when women go to clubs or parties they are dressed in tight, short fitted clothing. You should dress for yourself. If you like to wear your clothes black and baggy, then do so. Wear what makes you feel confident and comfortable!

• Clothing does matter in terms of attractiveness of a woman. You can merely attract by how you dress. Dress provocatively and you'll definitely attract attention and people might have plans to pursue you. Dress conservatively and you'll seldom attract attention and almost no one will bother complimenting you.

• If this is your style, wear it confidently. Wearing something that isn't you just to attract a guy will backfire--you won't feel like yourself and you'll be self-conscious, and the guy will be attracted to you for the wrong reasons.

You could probably make small adjustments, though--for instance, a boot with a chunky heel might be a bit more feminine, and a black leotard instead of a black tee would accent your figure and allow a bit of cleavage. Or you could do a crop to get a bare midriff, if that's something you're OK with. For your pants, make sure they're in good shape and maybe hold them up with a really nice leather belt. Experiment with some rich saturated colors on your face, lips, and fingers, which probably fits your style anyway.

• yes it does haha telling you by experience.
    I usually wear baggy clothes with weird colors and all and I dont get much attention then.
    when I wear smthng more fitting and attractive to the male's perspective I get a lot of difference hahahha.
    also if I fix myself a bit or not.
    I am usually very chill on normal days and messy

• It does. If it didn't I wouldn't be pulling my hair out trying to find something new and cute to wear for my work crush every night 😭

• Yes it always matters. Do not believe someone who says that it doesn't.
    Do you want to check it?
    Dress something outstanding that reveals your nice proportions and all the men are yours. You'll see difference between their attitudes towards you now and before.

• Of course it matters. First impressions are usually 99% about looks.

• so yeah I would say what we wear matters a great deal in attracting a mans attention even if we dont purposly set out to do it as our clothing is naturally more revealing than mens.

• Well... it depends on the kind of guy he is. Tbh some guys like girls that are pretty and classy. But some guys likes girls like you. If he is a good guy then he shouldn't think of clothing. Just don't change for a guy. That's a worse thing that a girl could do cuz ur not being ur self.

• Of course it does, it's part of who we are.

• To me = yes = first impressions DO count.

Bi grrrl right here.

• I'm the same, only difference is I live for skinny jeans. Though they have to be black~ Baggy shirts and jumpers + black boots is what I wear on a regular basis too. You're not weird at all, you just need to find someone who has a preference for your style 😊