Should my sister get a nose job?

my sister is 13 and everybody usually tell her to get a nose job because they think that her nose is big. But i think that it is really cruel to tell a kid to get plastic surgery done on their face, but i don't know what do you think about this, please let me know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Messed up people everywhere...
    What's your country? So i can avoid having my kids grow there?

NO, she shouldn't, how can you even consider that to a child?

• Look, don't be sad : /
      Boys and girls can be mean. But... you know, they say a lot of bad stuff, nose, eyes, color, fat, legs, foots, hears... Just forget about them and remember you are a person, different from all the other's, like they are. Let them say watever they want without letting those things get into your hearth.

• her friends didn't tell her to have a nosejob, our mom co-worker, parents friends and our aunt did. And i live in Asia by the way, most people here don't care about natural beauty, they just want to look their best

What Guys Said 14

• at 13? absolutely not. maybe in 10 years she can consider it when she is finished growing and can then make the decision for herself.

those people telling a 13 year-old to get a nose job are sick

• i don't even think a doctor would consider operating on a 13 year old girl.

if one actually does, i wouldn't trust them.

• She's still 13, let her grow and when she's 18 let her decide what she wants to do. For now she shouldn't do anything.

• No! She is still a working progress, tell her to wait at least till she is like 21 when her body and face are fully grown. Noses grow all your life but it might just even up with her face when she is 21. Don't let her or your parents go through with this!

• ... Body modifications are legal only from 18 and above I think, even then succumbing to peer pressure like that will just make things worse.

• eh well i was called dumbo when i was little. part of school.

she needs to get some thicker skin if she wants to survive in the real world.

• Definitely not she is still a baby and growing into a woman.
    She should wait until so is much older and sure enough it's what she wants and needs.

• its very stupid to say this to even an older person. let the stupid people say anything they want to, i'll suggest you to not let your sister do the nose job

• Hell no! She isn't even close to done growing. I'd really hope you wouldn't consider this at any point. This is ridiculous.

• i actually don't consider to give her a nosejob, i just want want to know what do you think about her situation.

• Why would you ask her if she should just because other people says it?

Do you think her nose is ugly? do you think is big? be honest.

• she said that she was fine with her nose, i agree with her, but other people are just pushing our mom to give her a nose job because they think that she's ugly, and i was so upset.

• Absolutely not. at least not while she's still growing.

• no good medical staff will perform on a 13 year old for cosmetics like that

• Nope

• It's her body so it's her choice.

What Girls Said 15

• I believe she should only ever undergo surgery when she is an adult and has the ability to make that decision on her own.

• Is your sister you? Sounds like a kid question.

No, a kid literally can't do that until she's done growing. If she does - there's no telling how she'll grow up and how it will all turn out.

• i know that. I just want to hear you talk shit about adult people that told her to do that.

• Those people who told your sister to get nose job should be ashamed, i can't believe anyone could do this to a 13 yr old child. And getting a plastic surgery or not should be one's own decision. No one could tell other person to get plastic surgery. As a sibling, what I think should do is to remind her the things beautiful in her, and forget about people's comments on her nose. Is not that she has one thing different from the other people then she's not a beautiful person. So many other things about a person are way more important.

• Telling a 13-year-old that she needs a nose job displays absolutely no understanding regarding the psychological trauma they are inflicting upon a young teenage girl. If adults say that to a 13-year-old teenage girl they demonstrate no brains.. What you should tell your sister is that her face will change over the next 5 to 8 years of her face using surgery needs to be put off until she assumes an adult face and body. Now is not the time to have plastic surgery. That is the truth, the absolute truth. No decision should be made when you 13. So I agree with you I think it's pretty cool to tell a 13-year-old that she needs surgery. That does not mean she needs to accept the way she is the way she looks right now as being a forever facial feature that she will have to learn to live with. Start by telling you sister that the comments made to her may perhaps be correct but you don't think so and not only that but those opinions have a 50-50 chance of being wrong. It is what she thinks about how she looks right now that counts and it is your opinion that she looks okay.
    A good way of looking at it and this all girls can understand would be the size of your boobs. There is absolutely no way anyone can predict the size of a girls boobs when they are 13. Some people don't reach the maximum size of their breasts until they are in their early 20s.. The expression, "we grow into our boobs" is very true. I was quite flat-chested until I was 19 years old and then all of a sudden, like overnight I developed breasts. But I was worried about the size of my breasts until age 19. Her facial structure can potentially change until she is a late teenager and then all of a sudden her nose is the correct size. No plastic surgeon will recommend surgery to a 13-year-old girl. So to those people who tell your sister she needs a nose job, tell them first they are very crass and then asked them where they went to medical school and where they did this surgical residency and then where did they do their plastic surgery fellowship. That should shut them up. To you sister I recommend telling her just what I said above, your breasts will change your face will change and the dynamics of how your face looks how your nose looks competitive based will all change as you get older. That you think right now is not the time to decide anything and that everything will change as you approach age 20. So relax and enjoy your life. Peace and love

• People are such dicks, this is a horrible thing to say even to someone who is older.

• 13? as a '23 year old', how can u not know?
    i call BS

• i know, and i disagree with them, but they just keep pushing our mom to to that

• No one should get a nose job just because other people tell them to. Especially not if she's 13. No no no.

• i agree with you!

• Not at the age of 13, she needs to develop more first. I got a nosejob when i was 19. It's no big deal, i like it more this way, it makes me feel prettier, and who doesn't like feeling prettier? and whats wrong with wanting with that? i think that if she wants it, she should go for it, but she really has to want it and be sure she wants it.

• SHE IS 13

the answer is no. Wth is wrong with society

• I think that is a bit to young to get a nose job. Maybe a little later in life but she isn't even done developing yet. Maybe 23 years old, but 13 absolutely not.

• No she should and those people are horrible to say that.

• No. Kids love to put other people down. They need a whip.

• no she should she's too young I used to and sometimes feel that way about my nose but my nose now as gone down from it used to be

• No, I don't think she should get a nose job. But then again, I haven't seen her face so...

• she looks fine, her nose is like:a little big on the sides, but i saw it gets smaller while she grew up, but it clearly didn't pleased the people

• She is way too young to be told something like that by people around her.

• yeah, i agree with you.