Offered a Job by "Orange Models" but they want a £100 deposit, are they legit? do you know of them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen very very closely: if someone is asking you to come work for them, aka, they intend to pay you for a job, why on earth would you need to pay them. Are you going to work for them or are they working for you? The modeling world is filled with scammers who invite you to come shoot with them, tell you, you are of course what they are looking for, but you know, they need you to pay up front for some unspecified fees and such, and then as soon as you pay that office you went to, the money you sent, and the phone number you called have all disappeared. Do your research. Go online and see what other people are saying about them and not from some "company" website either b/c of course they can just make up things there.

• I gave them my credit info...

I was on the phone, they said I got the job, I got sucked in quick, I was stupid

• YIKES! You gave them your credit info over the phone? Make sure you are monitoring that card and can cancel quickly if need be.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• You should never ever ever pay a deposit when joining a modelling agency. NEVER.

• Why would you have to pay to get hired by a company? That doesn't add up.

• Never pay anything just to get them to add you to their site.
    Try to get with Next, if you're UK based, they're really good.

• That's a scam. You shouldn't have to pay money to be hired.

• Clearly they're not legit.

• why should u pay them when they're offering u a job? f a deposit, dont give them anything

• Sounds fake. A scam company.

• Dont do it. If they wanted to hire you they wouldn't need money.

• You shouldn't need to pay.

• Sounds like a scam to me. No one who offers you a job then asks you to pay them. Please don't waste your money.

• Did a quick image search for the 'models'.
    FAKE.
    All pictures are from other agencies

• you know what, i would be careful and look up some sites online
    usually agenicies that see potential in a model would not ask for money from the model

What Guys Said 1