Getting my hair dyed!?

I'm getting my hair dyed tomorrow for the first time and I'm wondering if what I want is going to look okay, and how long it should take, because I do have plans during the day.

Okay so my hair right now is very long and thick, about to the middle of my back, but its not thick in the sense of poofy, its naturally straight, I just have quite a bit of hair I guess you would say. Now my hair is a dirty blonde, but it naturally has basically every shade of blonde in it. I want to go lighter not platinum but pretty light and preferably not yellowy. I have brown eyes and pretty dark eyebrows but I can dye those I guess ha, and pretty light skin, I don't tan. No idea if that matters but thought id throw that in. Also if that wouldn't look good any ideas of what I could do?

Something like this color:

link

link

Thank You so much! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a hairstylist, make sure you have plenty of time and your no in a rush to go anywhere, cause its a long process. They gotta apply the color/or bleach first which may take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how long your hair is or what you want specifically done, then you gotta sit with it in your hair for the color to take for about anywhere from 20-45 minutes, depending on how resistant your hair is. Finally, they rinse it out, and it'll probably take 20-30 minutes for them to dry it. Yeah, its kinda like a day you need to set aside if you want it to be done properly, I know I wouldn't want my hairstylist to rush doing color on my hair.

What Guys Said 2

• OMG do it

• hawt - this was a suggestion. hair in links = cool

What Girls Said 1

• I don't remember exactly how long it took to get my hair done, but it definitely wasn't more than 2 hours, and my hair was a medium length and kinda thick.

I'm sure that color would look great too. I wish I could do that but my eyebrows are way too dark lol :]