What will happen?

i have black dyed hair and I want to start lightening without bleach.
So if I buy like a blonde hair dye kit and dye it over the black what will happen? Will it lighten to dark brown or could it turn green or something bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol like a medium brown. Look some stuff up on YouTube, I've dyed my hair using Revlon Colorsilk or something, I don't remember exactly the name lol, but it won't turn it anything crazy. If you have black hair and you don't bleach it though you need the brightest color you can get to really make a difference.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• i think it would b safer to ask advice from a professional... am sure you don't want to ruin your hair

• Head and shoulders the classic cleaner is good for stripping hair colour

• no, you have to buy a bleaching hair kit, then put the color you want on your bleached hair. Don't feel bad though it's easy to fix, been there done that.

• I have lots of bleach, but my hair is so fried because I used to bleach it so much

• mmm... here's the problem honey if you just put blonde on top of the brown , your roots will be light and the rest will be dark. I'd say your best bet is too just wait a little while then bleach it, maybe cut off some damaged hair let it grow back.

• That's my whole head of hair is damaged. I'm just trying to get light brown cuz that's my natural color