Who else noticed on here when an ugly or average looking girl asks for rates she gets mostly high rates but if a pretty girl asks she gets low rates?

I see this all the time! I see the most ugliest/average looking girls get called beautiful and rated 8s and 9s ! And the actual pretty and beautiful girls get called ugly and average. I saw this one really pretty girl ask for rates and she mostly got rated "average" and i was like what? It's really weird. Are people on here just blind? And has anyone else realized this.. I'm not trying to be mean i just think it's odd. I even see it with models too! Once there was a question asking if this model was pretty and many people said she was not good looking!

Most Helpful Guy

• I've noticed that too. It's usually the girls that rate lower, or attack the asker by calling her attention whore. It's normal though, it's jealousy.
    I feel like guys tend to be honest when they see a pretty girl, though many do lie when the girl is average/ugly, saying she's pretty.

Most Helpful Girl

• Envy from women
    Resentment from men
    You see it in real life too.

What Guys Said 21

• The thing is, if a very pretty and beautiful girl puts up her picture *with the intention of 'fishing', intending to just collect compliments they don't need," then people get resentful. "You won the lottery, but you're going to ask me for money?" The idea is "You should already know you are top tier, so why are you asking others if you are?" It builds resentment.

Then, very few people want to be the person that tells an ugly person that they have the genetic curse of disfigurement. So they upgrade their rating, usually. I have noticed this is more common with females than males. It's basically a lazy "Ehhh, sure, you're attractive, but I'm only saying that because I don't want to be perceived as an asshole; and, I ultimately don't care one little bit about you, because if I did I would take the time to tell you the truth and what you could work on."

Then, there are many average chicks that look like an 7 or 8 or 9 with some makeup.

At the same time, men and women perceive attractiveness differently. Men are, scientifically, more likely to share opinions on how attractive a specific woman is; whereas, women are much more varying in how they perceive attraction--with men, anyway. I suspect it's the same for females. So while you might perceive a chick as ugly, a lot of guys might perceive her as banging hot.

• We don't want to stroke the hot girls over inflated ego so we give them lower scores to keep their egos in check. We already know your hot, don't throw it in our face. That's why we give hot girls lower scores. Reality check, there are hotter girls than you they are TV and are on college campuses across the US.

We rate average to ugly girls higher that usual to boost their poor self esteem. We feel you've had a rough love life and need an ego boost. Average to ugly girls just don't keep asking repeatedly because we will get sick of it and start rating you lower to get rid of your annoying ass.

• Thats hypocritical

• @dominiquois I clearly can't stand females. They make me sick.

• Maybe because you're dumb? Take a psychology class then.

• Women are really bitchy and think every woman is average, aside from themselves , who is a beautiful virginal snow queen. I've never seen a woman rate another woman highly - unless of course, subconsciously she thinks her 'lesser' than her. Then it is permissible.

Men are attracted to sexiness, more often than not, and don't appreciate subtle or softer features that are very aesthetic in women.

People have bad taste. Turn on the Tv, listen to the radio. Good discernment is lacking.

Also, if one wants good rates, it helps to create a sob story narrative. 'My two cats just died, this guy just rejected me'. That's what I do, anyway :P

More seriously it sounds a little like Nietzschean Resentiment. We hate people who have the appearance of being aloft and successful. It kneads our feelings of inferiority. It's part of the human condition.

• Well, part of it is participation trophy culture. "I showed up tell me I'm pretty"! And people do, 'cause it's the internet, who really cares. I'd say maybe 20% of it is that your a woman. It's anecdotal, yeah but I've noticed that every single woman I've discussed the subject with has a very different idea of what an "attractive" or "pretty" woman should look like than myself or most any man I've discussed the subject with.

• If anything I think all of the women are normally rated too highly. I think most people don't want to hurt her feelings, so either lie, or just don't respond if they don't have anything nice to say.

There is also a lot of really hot girls asking for ratings that clearly know they are hot. When it is a girl that clearly knows she is really hot, people are getting annoyed and I think that makes them rate her lower.

• I think if a lot of people think the prettier people know they are pretty so they are less likely to want up compliment them. Some feel irritated that they may be bragging. The more commonly average people have people that find them attractive too. Those people are probably more vocal about it (especially guys). They probably think the person is insecure. Maybe they subconsciously think they'll have a chance with them due to giving an answer the asker is supposedly not expecting.

So to summarize, most people have a group of people that find them attractive. If a person is suspected of bragging though, they are likely to get some hate.

• To me they ask it.. one because they can.. and two they feel somehow insecure with themselves

• i think a lot of "attractive" women who are classically attractive kind of look like guys.

• no i haven't noticed that. What i HAVE noticed though is that most girls, whether they be conventionally attractive or not, gets high rates.

• That's mind of what i'm talking about but the ugly/average girls get higher rates than the beautiful ones

• Kind of *

• Because everyone has a different opinion when it comes to attractiveness

• It's not really an opinion anymore when most people agree that some person isn't attractive. I literally see fat girls with huge noses and lips get called beautiful

• @dominiquois full lips yes but not huhe like kylie jennef

• Jenner* lol

• I don't lie
    there's only one girl I've called ugly
    cause she was ugly too what was I gonna do
    lie

• That's good. You should never lie the reason people ask is for honest answers

• lol never lie lol that's a stretch but when it's something simple like that im usually honest

• deja vu. damn

Honestly never seen that.

• where i want to see this injustice!

• I generally give my honest opinion. I am biased though i like Girl next door types

• Because most of them are annoying attention whores who post the same shit on an almost daily basis.

• I've notice on here everyone wants to be a damn victim of something sinister.
    #VictimCulture

• Maybe you just have weird taste.

• nah. I'm not lying when i tell you I've seen a fat ugly chick with huge nose on here before and she got called beautiful i've also seen a really pretty girl with a nice features get called average..!

• Okay well as others have said it's probably a combination of 1) different tastes 2) not wanting to make the attractive people become arrogant 3) not wanting to dent ugly/average person's confidence.

• are you a lesbian?

• Law of balance in action.

In our stereotypes the smart person is weak, the strong jock is dumb, the beautiful woman is a bitch and the uglier girl has a heart of gold.

When someone beautiful asks if they are beautiful we automatically think it is a personality flaw because we've been trained to no different than when someone average asks if they are beautiful and we inherently assume that they are genuinely trying to express concern. It is a rather ironic relationship.

• that's becuz the really pretty girl was a catfish

• Because ugly girls do it to really ask a question and the others have egos boosted to the stratosphere and just are fishing for compliments.

What Girls Said 10

• because on the internet, this site especially, you have a lot of guys who have hostility for pretty girls because they represent the girls they can't get in real life. so they are extra mean and critical of pretty girls on here. but the average and ugly girls are the only ones they have a real chance with so thats why they gas their heads up

• Agree 100% . It's really sad

• That's actually the opposite haha. You don't find guys saying a girl is ugly hardly ever. And if she's pretty guys don't lie about it. It's always the women who are competitive and fine with calling an 'Ugly' Girl pretty because it doesn't hurt there own worth but once a pretty woman gets all the attention on here the girls seem to get annoyed.

• Do you want some peanut butter to go with all that jelly?

• Jelly? Um , i'm not i know how to tellw hen someone is attractive and when someone is not

• Watch out everyone. From now on OP is the only one who can decide if people are pretty and what level of pretty they are. Because that's totally a thing right? Who do you think you're prettier than who's getting more attention than you OP. You can tell us.

I mean they'll still be prettier than you because they're not bitter posting but don't let that stop you :)

• I think it might be payback for scraping for compliments when you know you're super hot vs a girl that just really needs a morale boost. Nobody is as ugly as they think and nobody is as beautiful as they think.

• hahah! lol I should try that!

• I don't really rate people but have noticed that also, yes.

(laughing)
    Offline it is exactly the same, if not worse.

• Beauty is an opinion

• Poor taste in women will be my best guess

• Tons of people on here have no taste or any really of the real world.

• I haven't noticed that.

• Maybe it's because you're one of those jealous girls doing that haha!

• Oh sorry then lmfao. But that's proving my point kind of. Why would you be dishonest and call everyone pretty?

• It's not dishonesty. It's just that till now, almost everyone who has posted a picture has looked pretty to me. I don't give an answer whenever someone posts an unflattering picture of them.

• guys on here give girls high rates if you're avrage, girls are more honest in my opinion