Does the length you keep your hair coincide with how you feel about your femininity?

The UK Daily Mail published a survey and found age 46 was the average for women to go permanently short with their hair. Christie Brinkley, at age 62, still has long hair and this does help her look attractive.

Observing young girls and young women I see lovely long hair. Women in their 50s on up? Short hair at least 95 per cent of the time.

Is cutting your hair permanently short after a certain age a subconscious severing of ties with how you feel about your attractiveness and your identification as a sexual being?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no idea what you mean? Spell it out, what do you think it means when women cut their hair?

There are many reasons usually older women ted to cut their hair

1) Hair, as we age, gets brittle which makes long hair look weird, lacking volume. It's the same with men really, you will probably see more men in their 50s that are bald than in their 20s

2) Kids. if you have little kids they pull at it and it's not exactly comfortable

3) Kids again and how much time they take. Long hair DOES take maintance and it IS annoying, when you're working full time and you have and persumably a husband, you don't have time to maintain it anymore

4) By the time you're in your 40s, you're likley to have been married for a while and the assumption is that your partner will love you whether or not you conform to silly ideas of femininity

What Girls Said 6

• No, it's just easier to manage lol. And when you get older it just kinda gets in the way and becomes annoying. And I think it also has to do with the changing perceptions of attractiveness throughout society. Sometimes short hair just looks better for a certain face shape. I do like my long hair but I think I look good with shoulder length as well.

• Not for me but I know there are a lot of women who can relate to what you just said. I think that's a sign of mental weakness. Hair should not be the thing that does or doesn't make you feel feminine and sexually desirable.

• I don't know, but for me definitely not, I like having short hair, I think it looks really cute!

• No, it's because hair gets in bad condition as the years go by.

• I doubt it. However, I've heard that keeping your hair short when you're old makes you look younger.

• That woman looks amazing for her age! Anyway I think it's more a matter of comfort, having short hair is much more comfortable than long hair, having long hair can be a pain in the ass, so I guess when you are that age you just want to make your life as comfotable as you can, and for example my grandma, she's now 70 something and has a hard time combing it, so imagine if it was long and she had to wash it, condition it, drying it, etc...

What Guys Said 0