Man-buns: Right or Wrong?

This is something I see tossed around on GaG a lot (oddly enough, not in the Fashion topic) and decided to see what the consensus was. I hate them with a passion myself, but we'll see how the poll turns out.

Note that this includes all forms of man-buns, such as undercut man-buns, awkward stage man-buns, "true" man-buns (fully grown hair at an even length), etc.

• Hell yes!
    46% (12)9% (1)35% (13)Vote
  • Eww, they look stupid.
    15% (4)27% (3)19% (7)Vote
  • I don't give a shit
    19% (5)36% (4)24% (9)Vote
  • Cut your hair, Jesus
    12% (3)28% (3)16% (6)Vote
  • Man-buns are too mainstream. I prefer man pigtails.
    8% (2)0% (0)6% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|6

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I really really really like long hair (I mean, obviously :P My boyfriend's hair is down to the small of his back) buuut I think man buns look kinda weird? Plus, I'm pretty sure they're supposed to damage your hair and increase the chance of you going bald.

0|1
    0|0
    • Correct. Putting too much pressure on the hair in any way is harmful. Changing the position of the bun (i. e., to the left or right, higher or lower) will help mitigate that somewhat, but if it's tight to begin with, then it doesn't do much good.

That's why I avoid tying my hair unless I'm around food or something and I have to. A loose ponytail or bun probably doesn't bother your hair, but I'm not taking any chances.

• Are they even still A Thing?

0|1
    0|0
  • creepy

0|1
    0|0
  • Wrong, wrong and wrong! They should be illegal.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love man-buns.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really like them, but who cares?

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5