Have you ever dyed your hair 👩🏻👩🏼👩🏽?

I'm thinking of dyeing my hair brown , I have never done it before and I am scared if it would damage my hair!
Have you ever dyed your hair? How many times? Did it damage your hair?

• I do it often.
  • A few times.
  • I haven't but I would like to try it sometime.
  • Never, and don't think I will ever do it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never ever, love how it is right now

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dyed mine bright red, blue, purple and then white. It fucking wrecked my hair - but that may be more to do with so many unnatural colours in such a short space of time, I think the first three were all within less than a year... My hair is still being treated a few years later because it was so damaged that the scalp was bleeding whenever I brushed it and my hair was pretty close to falling out. I did it so badly :P I recommend just asking a hairdresser first and making sure you do it right, you should be fine.

What Guys Said 16

• I have, from black to white.. a bit of a change, I must say. ^.^

Anyway.. If you seek to dye your hair, just make sure you don't do it all in one sitting, unless the change isn't too drastic. And get a friend who've done it before, to help you.

• I hear it's not good for your hair or scalp. Had a hair dresser tell me not to use it, especially male hair dyes.

• yeah. a long time ago. went brown.

• I don't think I ever will, I don't want it damaged :/ I'll stick to my Head and Shoulders ;)
    Take care of your hair though...

• Never dyed my hair. I don't think it ruins your hair unless your constantly dyeing it. I do remember in the 90s and early 2000s when guys used to have frosted tips 😂

• @justbanannaz this question would be for you.

• Actually, I did dye it once - almost forgot about that. Went for more of a blonde colour but it came out orange-ish :/

Perhaps I'll try it again sometime.

• My uncle uses henia by the way, it actually makes your hair healthier and also makes it lighter, he looks handsome as fuck, aesthetic hair too but i guess doing yoga helps with that. If i ignore his height, his face is better than those guys you like like burak oszivit and zayn malik any day. Knowing that fact makes me happy that i have been told i look a lot like him though i look like dogshit face wise alone compared to him

• nope... unless you count those sprays you use on carnival lol

• Yes I dye my hair very often. Last month it was blonde and now it's black.

• Yep, bleached it gold and dyed it dark brown in hs

• Well as a men I didn't.

• No but I've always wanted to try green

• lmao no

• I will dye them when they get grey. I don't want to look like a smoking pipe.

(That's how I call men with grey hair)

• I think your hair is pretty black and way too long for you to go for a brown job. And if you're not wearing make up with dark brown hair, you will look as though you've had a hangover.

What Girls Said 34

• Yep! I've gotten highlights done professionally a couple times, but usually I dye it myself with a box from the store. I always stay fairly close to my natural color.

I haven't noticed much damage as a result, but if you're going a lighter shade, I would have a professional do that for you. Going from dark brown to blonde, for example, would destroy your hair unless you do it the right way.

• I have experimented with it. Did a couple pink highlights which faded to platinum blonde, died all my hair true red, then chocolate brown to cover it, which faded to a weird copper, then dark brown to cover it. I've also done many honey blonde highlights, and copper. What I've liked the most were the dark brown and the pink and platinum highlights. I 'd be open to try new colours.

However, my hair has a fine texture, and gets split ends very easily. I haven't dyed it for the last 3 years, because I want to grow it out. I prefer long healthy shiny hair rather than damaged and dull or short.

If your hair is thick and healthy, it can take dye. Especially if it's organic (less chemicals) or of good quality. It's best to avoid bleaching and go to a hairdresser, at least till you learn how to do it on your own. Look up maintenance, before you commit to a haircolour

• I've dyed mine a few times, mostly in other brown colours and darker, but I've also dyed it red, and once it turned almost gingerish colour, then dyed it dark again, and a month back I did gradual bleaching so my hair wouldn't fry up too much all at once, and then left it to naturally lighten while I was on holiday, so now it's more of a chestnut colour.

• I used to do it from when I was 16-20 years old. I really love the hair color but it just cost to much because it would take 3 dye boxes to cover my whole hair. Which is extremely thick but a lot of people thought it was my natural hair color.

If I was still coloring my hair I would look some what like this. Mainly the hair color, upper lip piercing, and how pale my skin is.
    www.healcure.org/.../Image-2-Angel-bites.jpg

• Bleaching it often will fry it, but I've noticed that other colors aren't as damaging. I'm blonde naturally and my hair is dyed brown. Has been that way for 3 or 4 years now. I dye the roots every 2-3 weeks. My hair is very healthy and soft. The ends are starting to look a bit damaged (since my hair is so damn long) but thankfully I have a hair appointment today.

• Only once. I used a box kit to dye my hair a dark dark red/burgundy. I mean, it did make it more dry a little, but I didn't bleach it, so, it didn't damage it much.

The downside was that the color was only vibrant for a about two days, then it pretty much all washed out, as usual with red hair.

I want to dye my hair a brown color too.

• I did and maintained it, experimented a bit... Now I feel too lazy to do that a lot and too often - and it's not that cheap either.

• Lol yes I've dyed my hair like 29381 times - if your hair is naturally thick it's usually more resistant and hair dyes don't cause much damage anyways as long as they're done right, bleachings are much worse!

• how do i check if its naturally thick?

• lol no, i'll deal with it ha ha, even my favourite guy, siddharth malhotra has lower eyebrows and he looks aesthetic as fuck

• i wish my eyes were hooded like his though, it gives him a slight hispanic look since they usually have it like that. Mine are more plain, i'll have to get my squint game on like this guy and MANY more, squinting can make a lot of difference tbh
      scontent-b[dot]cdninstagram. com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10948766_1539763612965234_50380838_n. jpg

2. bp. blogspot[dot]com/-aKb0qX-jf8s/Ud_5EAxN3_I/AAAAAAAADfw/krsnK9pWV1s/s1600/8574713604_83bc58a50d_z. jpg

even ur avan crush is a squinter lol

brb, practicing squinting in front of the mirror

• I do it all the time! Brown will be fine, if it's just one dye over your current hair, I wouldn't worry about damage.

• I've been dying my hair since I was 11. I know over doing it will damage your hair but its not the horror story some people say. If you do dye your hair there are a few products to help it if its dried or brittle. I use hair serums from john frieda, nexxus products for dry/damaged hair, also getting a hair trim will help, hot oil treatments.. there's a lot of ways to keep your hair looking healthy and feeling better after dying it. Its hair bleach that does the real damage.

• I usually switch my hair color between brown and black, I'm not sure which color suits me better, maybe I should try red or blonde :P

• I dye my hair often, and it rarely results in damage. The only time I seriously effed my hair was the time I bleached it on my own. When I get it professionally done it's never looked fried

• I've dyed it dark blonde ombre 3 times (I have a medium-dark brown base), then I did a dark purple ombre (again with my own base), then I did a bright pink ombre (->>-) and finally, around Christmas'15, I dyed the base black blue and I did a midnight blue ombre.

• A lot. My natural hair is dark brown and so far I've had: 5 or 6 shades of red, 3 or 4 shades of blonde and pastel-ish pink. Have to be honest, my hair is pretty damaged. But I think that's mostly the bleaching; if you take care of it and only go darker you should be fine.

• Yes i have.

No it wouldn't damage your hair unless if you are doing it once every month, with so much blow drying and straightening and expensive shampoos, it would dry out the hair considerably.

• I have never dyed my hair. I'd consider it, but I'm too scared lol. I don't want to damage my hair and I'd be nervous if I hated the way it turned out.

• nooooo I love your hair black it s awesome O. O
    anq, if you really one too I tried red highlights but it didn t show cs my hair is too thick and it didn t damage it.
    I am scared of coloring my fair too much cs I am afradi I ll loose the curls

• In the past I dyed my hair regularly. I regret it because I quickly became addicted and wasn't able to stop until I turned to henna. I haven't dyed my hair in over a year, and I can thank henna for helping me to stop.

• twice in my life, both times with red henna. it made my already black hair a darkish red but it made it frizzier and coarser for the next month after. i also had red coming out every time i washed it for the whole week after. henna adds protein to ur hair but it really thickens it up..
    http://i.imgur.com/urtADLv.jpg

• henna game is the most legit, makes your hair better and gives u colour, i am definitely going to try it out

• @vnmc223320203 you have to wait hours until you can wash it out then it also takes a while to oxidize into a richer color.

• ok not happening in the next 1 year then since i have 3 roommates in my college lol

• Nah, never, I'm not into dyeing my hair.

• a few time. damaged my hair the last time. :'(

• It damages hair like crazy, but only if you do it often. One hair dye won't hurt you, do it if you want to! It's good for confidence boost / change of style.

• I have just dyed it red but it isn't permanent it will come off in like 3 months but I love it so much that I will do it again

• I have and i truly regret it.

• My natural hair colour is red, it's dyed blode right now.

• I did it a few times with henna. No problem.

• I'm a natural brunette, but sometimes I dye it black

• I dyed some parts

• ya I used to dye my hair red and I also tried to dye my hair pink

• Yeah, i dyed it red, but now kinda over it, want my natural brown back :D

• More from Girls
    4