What color eyeliner?

i have green eyes, and want to know what color of eyeliner would compliment them the best. I have tried blue, brown, black and purple. I like purple, cause it makes my eyes really bright, but it might be too childish. any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have green eyes too. Most types of purple will work best, but I'd stay away from the lighter types unless they're somewhat metallic and have a higher pigment concentration. If you're not into BRIGHT colors for eyeshadow/eyeliner [which I usually am], you'll be better off with kind of a darker dusky purple. Blues tends to make green eyes look duller, in my experience. I still like wearing it on occasion because I love all colors, but it's not the best color when you're looking to make green eyes look greener.

Really, any color on and around the opposite side of the color wheel from green will make green eyes pop. But some people wouldn't wear those colors because they're bolder. Any of the colors across from the yellow-green to blue-green parts of this spectrum [representing your eye color] will do the job, anywhere from/between blue-violets to darker oranges.

link

If I'm using a color [eyeshadow] that WON'T make green eyes pop, I find a way to blend it into a color that does, so that it still works. Like yellow won't make green eyes look brighter, it will make them look dull. But instead of using white on the inner corners of my eyes like most would, I might use yellow or a lighter pastel-ish version of some other non-green-brightening color, because it's light enough to have the similar desired effect of making the eyes appear larger. Then I would BLEND it into a purple [or whichever other color on the wheel that would work, coordinating of course], which would be the majority of the color on my lids. There are always loopholes. =] Play around with it!

What Guys Said 1

• Black or dark blue would make them stand out a lot.

What Girls Said 4

• I have green eyes too and I usually use black, but when I really want my eyes to stand out I use a really deep purple, more of a plum I guess. As long as you're not putting on a lot of it very thick you can't even tell it's purple

• I have green eyes too. I put black and then dark purple from the edge to the center. it looks really good if you don't make it obvious that is purple then black...just blend.

• ok purple or black or matbe even both would look awsome

• try hazel or purple. they both look really good