Is it okay to wear white to a wedding?

i mean not like a church wedding/ I'm going to a wedding and its by the judge. its really small. because I just bought this really pretty white dress. should I wear it or should I stay with the previous outfit I had picked out. Which btw, is not white

Most Helpful Girl

• Never, ever wear white. Even if the bride is not wearing white, you still do not want to wear white, and you would not know that the bride is not wearing white until you got to the wedding anyways. It is the number one rule for dressing for the a wedding.

Also make sure that you DONT wear black. It would be okay if it...no scratch that. wearing black to a wedding is never ok! just make sure you are comfterable, and save the dress for another occasion...that is not a wedding

=D

What Guys Said 1

• did you know that if the bride wears black. its a forced mariage and she doesn't really want to get married. also if the groom wears white. its a forced marriage and he doesn't really want to get married

• If the groom wears white it's pretty much because the bride made him, men don't get much say in the wedding

• Watch the marriage of "kane and lita" she's in black and he's in white. trust me I know what I'm talking about

• Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coa_WEwNBXY

What Girls Said 10

• First rule of weddings - only the bride wears white. If you wanted to wear a lighter color, you could always go with champagne or light pink.

• You never wear white to a wedding, it's viewed as bad luck for the couple if someone else wears white except for the bride. it takes attention away from her too and you don't wanna p*ss off a bride on her wedding day.

• no..dont do it. I told my sister I'd be furious at anyone who wears white at my wedding..it's the brides day, let her have it

• No no no no no no no no no no no and more no.

1 - The bride will not be impressed at all...It's her day!

2 - You will open yourself up to all sorts of behind your back comments.. for instance "Well look who thinks it's her wedding"... "urrr who's wedding is it?... "can you believe she's wearing that?"

Not worth it...trust me!

• It never ok to wear white, it's very disrespectful. So unless stated otherwise don't do it.

• noope.

• If its all white I wouldnt. its kinda taking the attention off the bride.

• Nope. Wearing white makes it seem like you're trying to outshine the bride on her day.

• no it takes too much attn from the bride and puts it on u

• no. it doesn't matter if it's not a traditional wedding, and it doesn't matter if the bride is wearing purple. You can't wear white. it's not your color. wear your dress some other time