How much are blue/green/hazel eyes important?

I always hated the fact that I have brown eyes. Eve though I'm my country, Brazil, they count for quite less than 10% of the population, the fact that I don't have the most beautiful physical feature in my opinion always depresses me.

I don't think anyone would look down on me just because of that, but how does eye color counts in your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone dislikes their eye color at some point, I have brown eyes too and used to dislike them.

Then I came across a poem.

Home Sign in
    Erin Hanson ⋅ 6 February 2014
    Brown.

You hated your eye colour,
    Called it a dull and dirty brown,
    Wished for the deep blue of an ocean,
    Where admirers hearts would drown,
    And it pained me when I realised,
    You'd never see it like I do,
    The way your eyes hint at a story,
    That I want to read right through,
    They hold specks of stolen sunlight,
    That you'd miss with just one glance,
    And a depth of raw emotion,
    That can freeze you in a trance,
    They're a fix of melted chocolate,
    When I'm craving something sweet,
    But hold a gaze that's so unwavering,
    That I find it hard to meet,
    And I fall right down the rabbit hole,
    When I look into your eyes,
    The brown of earth's unfettered beauty,
    That I yearn to memorise,
    When I was tired of not belonging,
    They made me feel like I'd been found,
    And I hope you never say again,
    That your eyes are simply brown.

And I finally saw, my eyes aren't fucking brown. When I look at them in the sun, they shine like no other color could.

When I look deep into them, they become so beautiful, so poetic and deep, I adore them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Eye shape, eye spacing, and overall facial structure matters waaay more than eye color. Having a rare eye color is just an extra bonus.

What Girls Said 24

• Not much at all. I like colors, but brown eyes are just as beautiful - it depends on the person, not their eye color.

• I used to think like this as well.. but after some time I have realized that attractiveness doesn't really matter on the color.. it depends on the shape.. and well supported with other well defined features..

• Eye color doesn't matter in any sense of the word. All eye colors are beautiful, what matters is what kind of person you are. Then again, I have brown eyes too, so maybe my opinion doesn't count much haha.

• Literally could not give 2 shits about what color a guys eyes are.

• yea I don t like my brown eyes too but anthng else would look weird on me I guess. maybe green would look okay...
    I like nice eye colors on people but the shape of the eyes and the whole combo with the face is much more impo.

• I don't care. Sometimes I think it must be nice having brown eyes. I have hazel eyes and it can get sort of annoying when people always stare at you eyes or people (especially girls) say things like "I wish I could steal your eyes" lol.

• I don't care about eye colour. My husband has really nice dark brown eyes, though.

• Eyes are pretty much always a win. People may look at lighter eyes a bonus especially if they are piercing, but no one really looks down upon brown eyes because they are beautiful too. Plus, what about eye shape? Eyelashes? And you've got an entire body full of features, no need to fixate on what you can do nothing about ESPECIALLY if brown eyes are nice too :)

• Your eye color is not important and you should be proud of it , not hate it. I like brown eyes there is nothing wrong with them. I have olive green eyes and in my country most people have brown and blue eyes. I do not know someone with green eyes. And I like it , kinda makes me feel special ( weird isn't ).
    I need to stop rambling. What I am trying to say is that you should be proud of your eyes and that there is nothing wrong with them.

( my English isn't great, sorry )

• Brown eyes are just as beautiful.

• Other peoples eye colour isn't important to me but "I" do wear colored contacts for promo work and also on some dates :)

• Hmm it is not an indicator for credibility

• I always hated how people place light eyes to be the most beautiful :( I think they are beautiful too, but I wouldn't trade my dark eyes for anything. I love dark eyes <3

• Brown and blue eyes are the moat common eye colors. Green and hazel eyes are rare. So people with blue eyes aren't special either lol. Nothing wrong with brown eyes.

• I don't care much about eye color. Eyes are eyes.

• Brown eyes can be BEAUTIFUL, in my opinion. And plus blue, green, hazel are overrated.

So love your eyes :) bc thats the pair you'll ever get ;)

Best wishes

• Doesn't really matter.

• I don't care about eye color

• Eye color doesn't matter. Most guys I dated had brown eyes.

• What the hell? Brown eyes are beautiful. All eye colors can look good.

• Brown eyes are so beautiful though

• :/ :/ :/ :/

• I have light green eyes but I find a lot of hot guys have brown eyes. I have a friend from Brazil with dark brown eyes and he's hot af.

• NOBODY in this world cares about other people's eye color. Thats what you were born with - ACCEPT IT and thats life. It does not make you any less of a person or uglier because you have black or brown or green eyes.

I've met enough people who had gray blue brown hazel eyes and they were still ugly AF... so just because someone has lighter eyes it does not mean they are more beautiful.

Get that shit and stupid thought of your head! I dont know whats up with South Americans always thinking that shit.. its so pathetic and ignorant and dumb it really pisses me off.. There are stunning people with dark brown eyes and that doesn't mean anything either. Everybody is different. Accept that and accept your own beauty and unique features instead of wishing you looked like someone you're not.

Acceptance and confidence n waht you have is the key to BEAUTY!

What Guys Said 7

• I don't really care. I just know I like blue eyes on girls but I'm totally fine with other natural eye colors.

• I have brown eyes... it turns black on occasion though... depending on how pissed off i am...

• Honestly don't care at all about eyes. I have dark brown eyes but their so sexy in light. I just wished they were lighter but w. e. there's other important things.

• Dude, I'm a brown eyed Italian, it is researched that people trust brown eyed people more easily. Also, we had all brown eyes when we went out from Africa.

• cuz its "normal"...

• @Tdieseler why? My uncles and aunts have icy blue eyes due to Lombardic origin. And they are very trustable people.

• i didn't say they were untrustworthy, i said I don't trust the eyes... maybe im just hating, I don't know... i can imagine me with blue eyes, id scare the hell out of people.

• As long as my girl loves them I don't care.

• 90 important.

• I dont think that it's important cuz I have hazel eyes but i haven't see any plus :)