Why are the best looking girls usually the smartest?

The best looking girls are nearly always the smartest and vise versa. What causes this correlation?

I thought maybe they just seem good looking because they are smart, but I don't think this is the case cause they look good even before learning that they're smart.

My theory is that because good looks and brains are both attractive qualities, they have fused together over the years. Because a beautiful girl for example can get a smart guy, then they can have smart good looking kids and they can date other smart/good looking people. So over lots of generations we end up with this correlation.

What do you think? Is that why? Or do you have any other idea?

0|0
4|9

Most Helpful Girl

• Might be because people naturally assume that good looking people are airheads, so they feel like if they prove their intelligence and work harder, people will take them more seriously. Even if it's not something they actively think about - it might be a subconscious thing.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They get called on more in class
    They're more confident overall which helps with learning

But many people would disagree. That's why the smart girl stereotype in movies is still an ugly nerd.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Look at all the physically attractive prostitutes. And celebrities. Rihanna. I don't think she's smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say I've ever noticed a correlation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao no. Beauty often equals being thick while looking ugly often equals being smart. That's probably because ugly people are less social so focus more on other stuff.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• The best looking girls I've ever seen were at my uni and they were almost all middle or upper class.

Smart/Attractive/Rich will almost always date Smart/Attractive/Rich and the cycle continues. Your theory is true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smarter people are generally more motivated and that includes staying in shape and maintaining their appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart girls take better care of their bodies and general appearance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smarts and good looks, that's a great combo, gets you noticed even more by people.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty and intellect have been tied genetically forever.

0|0
    0|0
  • lulz... not true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, Blondes are usually dumb and people say, they are very sexy.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol it's a stereotype, blondes aren't usually dumb. They are in tv shows because of the stereotype

• No, I have experienced it. Its very easy to cheat with blonde.