I need hair dye advice?

I'm a natural light ash brunette with bleached blonde hair. I have major roots right now. I'm either going to go ombre or red. I'm afraid red may be too damaging. I'm so tempted though. I know there would probably be issues with it fading too. Girls, I need some advice. And guys, does it sound pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the time guys prefer women's natural hair color. Dyed red never looks good in my opinion. It stands out too much and not in a good way (to me). Not like a natural red head.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't go red. Please. I tried it and I had to chop off half of my hair because the faded part looked horrendous.

• Thanks for M/H!
      Honestly, it only looked pretty the first week.
      Coloring and maintaining it over blonde is a nightmare.

What Guys Said 2

• I would go with what's natural, at least until that becomes white...

• Dont dye Red its terrible and if you're light brunette with bleached blonde hair that looks awesome

What Girls Said 2

• Bleach the roots. Use a temp hair dye and ombre it however you like. Wash your hair less, don't use harsh shampoo, and stay out of the sun if you can. Do not lay on anything or have anything you care about near you when your hair is wet. (I had red hair for a year lol)

• I have thin hair, will red be damaging?

• If it's a temp dye it shouldn't. It won't last long but the whole point of temp dye is that it won't wreck your hair, I recommend manic panic for that

• I've colored my hair red for over 10 years and it was way less damaged than when I bleached it blonde recently. Red is usually hard to keep, and coloring it over blonde is even hard to keep from fading. If you do go with red, try a red by Cramer Color, found in some salons. That's what I use and it doesn't fade as fast as most reds.